ECN Forum
Posted By: Bill Addiss Non-Standard Fixture mounting hardware - 03/11/01 10:24 PM
Has anyone noticed light fixtures being supplied with non-standard size screws? By non-standard I mean screws that don't fit right, don't tighten etc (possibly metric?). I have noticed this myself and was just trying to determine how widespread it is. This may be limited to certain inexpensive residential-type fixtures, and not those sold in Supply Houses. If anyone knows anything on this subject or has noticed this I'd appreciate hearing about it.

[Linked Image]
Thanks
Bill
Posted By: sparky Re: Non-Standard Fixture mounting hardware - 03/11/01 11:50 PM
yes I have, I thought it was just a coincidence

[Linked Image]
Sparky,

You are not alone. I see it maybe more often than not.

Do you come across it often?
Without mentioning specific brands can you tell us generally what type of fixtures they were and where they came from? (Country, Home-Store, Supplier) Definitely UL Listed?

Thanks,
[Linked Image]
Bill
Yeah! They're somewhere between a 6-32 and a 8-32... I'll try to pay more attention to where I got them, but I've seen 'em. A little on the loose side in 8-32 tapped holes...
These screws are most likely just CHEAP screws that have reduced diameter to reduce the material cost.
Don(resqcapt19)
© ECN Electrical Forums