ECN Forum
Posted By: Electricmanscott Saw a good one, I need a dig camera - 04/19/02 12:30 AM
Went to see a job. Complete gut remodel. 200 amp service was already installed by the homeowners buddy, a local power co worker. First thing I noticed, point of attachment above the weatherhead. Ok ahj might let that go. Next thing no goop on the terminations. Next strike three- plumbing pvc 90 used where an lb should be. Not looking good. Go inside. After the 90 comes a correct 90 but then the pipe runs accross the basement almost diagonaly, to another correct90ten feet to a plumbing 90 and into the panel. The panel (got free from a buddy do you know wher I can get a cover?) has 200 amp main with the handle tie and part of the handles broken off. Thanks but no thanks! High Voltage lookout! This ones commin your way!
Yes that was right 30 feet through the basement, no disconnect! By the way this is the guy who will be wiring the house. What a bunch of dopes!
Posted By: sparky Re: Saw a good one, I need a dig camera - 04/19/02 12:50 AM
well i dunno if Holden inspects Electricmanscott.
Were it a residence here, it would not be, and it would most likely get energized ....

the 'buddy ' system.......pitoowee !
© ECN Electrical Forums