ECN Forum
Posted By: donles under-cabinet lighting - 04/11/02 12:30 AM
A client is remodeling their kitchen and asked for under-cabinet lighting with touch-switches and not too expensive. I called a couple of local lighting suppliers but found there stuff is $. I know alot of you are down on Home Depot but they carry halogen pucks with touch-dimmers as an accessory. Brand is Westek. They are packaged as kits with three or five pucks, transformers and lv wires. I don't like that the lv wires are fixed lengths with crimp connectors on them. I'd like to make the wires the right length and make an insulated connection. Have any of you wired these kits and used other types of connectors/splices?
Don
Posted By: Electricmanscott Re: under-cabinet lighting - 04/11/02 01:08 AM
I don't usually use these but when I do I just use crimp on butt splices to extend the wire to a central location where I mount the transformer. Depot around here now has 120 volt pucks from Hampton Bay. I just used a few of these and they seemed ok.

[This message has been edited by Electricmanscott (edited 04-10-2002).]
Posted By: ElectricAL Re: under-cabinet lighting - 04/11/02 03:20 PM
In the case of the 120 Volt pucks, how are you handling the zip cord between the pucks and the source? Is it listed for support? Do the Manufacturers instructions allow a support method?

Curious Al
Posted By: Electricmanscott Re: under-cabinet lighting - 04/11/02 08:25 PM
I was wondering the same thing as I was fishing in the wire.
© ECN Electrical Forums