ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Safety at heights?
by gfretwell - 04/23/24 03:03 PM
Old low volt E10 sockets - supplier or alternative
by gfretwell - 04/21/24 11:20 AM
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (Scott35), 235 guests, and 27 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Thread Like Summary
dsk
Original Post (Thread Starter)
#221912 09/12/2022 7:23 AM
by dsk
dsk
I have loved to use these during the last 25-30 years, and always owersized the ampacity, so did I here to. It was labeled 25A and the max load on the circuit was 9 amp. for several hours.
Nothing else than this and 2 cm of the cables was ruined, but now I will use a contactor (rated 25A) 🙂 More noice more power to energize and hopefully more safe. 🙂

Maybe not only for non US Electrical systems, but this is in Norway at 230V 50Hz banghead
Attached Images
Liked Replies
by gfretwell
gfretwell
We have had SSRs for at least 40 years but I am not sure how many were making their way into general industrial use. The good ones came from ISO22 or Crydom. They usually died a quiet death, just not passing current. These white Asian SSRs seem to fail more catastrophically. I have had several blow up. I am not sure whether the SSR blew the motor cap or it was the other way but the SSRs have failed in a similar manner in other applications including resistance heaters.

[Linked Image from gfretwell.com]

These things do not qualify as a "disconnect". They are just used for circuit control.
1 member likes this