ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
UL 508A SPACING
by ale348 - 03/29/24 01:09 AM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (ale348), 302 guests, and 14 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
S
Squintz Offline OP
I just took a limited license test last night and I was shocked to see some of the stuff on the test. I am trying to recall a few questions just to see if I got them right. Please pardon me if the way I word them does not make since.

---
One question asked about what hazardous classes must conform to article 250 for remote-control of a power panel.

I listed Class 1, 2, and 3. Does anyone know if this is correct.
---

Another should have been a simple one but for some reason I am second guessing my self. I was what is a MIL.

My answer was millionth but the options 1/8 and a few others were listed and I am not sure what the correct answer is.

---

And another was what is the maximum VA allowed on the secondary side of a transformer and it said something like not refering to Class 2 exceptions.

I put 10,000 VA.

---

Lastly, There was a question about when is running ac / dc in a raceway permitted.

I answered when the insulation is suitable for the voltage passing though the wires but I was thinking never because chances are the DC cable is some data cable that you would not want to run with an AC cable anyways.

Stay up to Code with the Latest NEC:

>> 2023 NEC & Related Reference & Exam Prep
2023 NEC & Related Reference & Study Guides

Pass Your Exam the FIRST TIME with the Latest NEC & Exam Prep

>> 2020 NEC & Related Reference & Study Guides

G
It is tough to give definitive answers without actually seeing the text of the question. A lot of time the presence of words like "not", "always" and "never" can change the answer for something that looks like a slam dunk.
I can say "mil" is 1000.
You can't usually mix low voltage and line voltage without separation.
Without seeing the question I would guess "class 1 only" on the 725 question and the transformer question would really depend on the exact wording so you know where you are going.

[This message has been edited by gfretwell (edited 01-19-2006).]

Greg Fretwell
T
You can't mix low and high voltage wires.

You can't even run them in the same holes in 2x4. And if they come in the same box, like a fireplace switch for the blower and low volt igniter you need a box divider.

Shake n Bake
Y
Class 1 And other circuits 725-26 - 725-55
Class 2&3 and other circuits 725-56
2002 NEC

J
AC/DC

300.3(C)(1)

Conductors of Different Systems.
(1) 600 Volts, Nominal, or Less. Conductors of circuits rated 600 volts, nominal, or less, ac circuits, and dc circuits shall be permitted to occupy the same equipment wiring enclosure, cable, or raceway. All conductors shall have an insulation rating equal to at least the maximum circuit voltage applied to any conductor within the enclosure, cable, or raceway.

JFW
Y
2005 NEC 300.3(c-1)Note fine print note refering to article 725

Link Copied to Clipboard