ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (CoolWill), 23 guests, and 16 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#96923 01/09/06 02:03 PM
R
Do they make a fan light combo for inside a shower location?I`ve put plenty of lights with shower cover but don`t recall a fan?Someone ask and I really couldn`t remember ever having done one with a fan.I wouldn`t think the regular bath fans would be for the location but thats why I`m asking.Thanks in advance

Stay up to Code with the Latest NEC:

>> 2023 NEC & Related Reference & Exam Prep
2023 NEC & Related Reference & Study Guides

Pass Your Exam the FIRST TIME with the Latest NEC & Exam Prep

>> 2020 NEC & Related Reference & Study Guides

E
Every fan/light that I have installed is marked "Acceptable for use over tub or shower when protected by gfci".

H
As stated by electricmanscott, there are fan/lights that are UL approved for inside the shower area. Most times the manufactures want that fan of GFI protection. You will have to check the fan/light to see if it is UL listed to go inside the shower though, and you should leave the paper work with the HO and the AHJ when going for inspection.

Check out the Nutone 744nt, a recessed light-fan combo. UL listed for tubs and showers, when protected by a gfi.

Hank
M
Panasonic combo fans are ul listed for showers and are the Cadillac of bath fans. You can barely hear them when running.

R
When you wire them do you normally come off the 20 amp gfci recep provided it serves this bath only?

H
I agree with macmikeman that the Panasonic is the Cadillac of fans...but...they have a pair of compact fluorescents for the light feature. Some of my customers have objected to them. So I use Panasonic for fan only and Nutone QuieTTest like the LS100 for my fan/light combos. They are almost as quiet as the panasonic and they use a 100 watt A-lamp even in an insulated ceiling.

Link Copied to Clipboard