ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Do we need grounding?
by tortuga - 03/18/24 08:39 PM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
Test Post
by sabrown - 03/06/24 05:29 PM
Solar PV Wiring Errors
by renosteinke - 03/02/24 09:12 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 89 guests, and 13 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
I
Is there any code compliant method of connecting from schedule 40/80 to liquidtight conduit? I'm not looking for a single "tweenie" connector, use of a junction box would be fine. An insulated grounding conductor would be run the full length.

Stay up to Code with the Latest NEC:

>> 2023 NEC & Related Reference & Exam Prep
2023 NEC & Related Reference & Study Guides

Pass Your Exam the FIRST TIME with the Latest NEC & Exam Prep

>> 2020 NEC & Related Reference & Study Guides

Tom Offline
Presuming that your schedule 40 or 80 is RNMC, you could glue a female adapter on the end, screw in the connector for the flex & carry on.

Tom

Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example.
I
I saw that as a possible combination. However, I wasn't sure that the manufacturer of the liquid tight connector meant for the connector to be used with other than a metal box where a metal locknut would be used on the inside of the box. Since the rubber washer on the liquid tight connector is normally locked tight by the metal lock washer on the inside of the box, I wasn't sure that the same would be true if the connector was made tight into the pvc female connector.

Sounds like it is ok, then.

Thanks!

THe sealing ring (rubber washer) should be seated/compressed when the flex conn is wrench tte in the PVC FA.

As to the 'listing', my books are all in the office.

John

John
E
We can never assume that there will never be moisture entering the conduit. PVC conduit leaks quite well. Take the gasket and put it in the junk drawer for the time you'll need it when the manufacturer shorts you.
Arrange the conduit run to drain. Special fittings are made for this purpose. Use a "T" condulet, with the drain at the bottom of the "T".

Earl
B
Can you use Carflex? Non-metallic seal tight flex.

T
I believe that "Carflex" is a brand name, by Carlon, for LFNC (liquidtight flexible nonmetallic conduit).

Link Copied to Clipboard