ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (Scott35), 414 guests, and 10 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#8836 04/05/02 07:39 PM
W
wirewiz Offline OP
Thought my driving accident may be able to get everyones attention. A little history first: Never in an accident before wednesday, no tickets in 20 years, and considered by others a safe driver. And no I was not, on the phone, eating, writing, or messing with anything else. (Part of me wishes I had been so I would have had an excuse)

Wednesday I had just left my insurance agents office and was heading to the supply house. I noticed a truck that looked like it was going to pull out in front of me and I guess I ended up paying too much attention to it. I just kept watching it to see if I needed to slow down. The truck ended up not moving, next thing I knew my light had changed from green to red. Which I happened to notice as my airbag blew up in my face! I never saw the yellow light. And never even hit my brakes! No one could believe that I was not seriously injured, sprained finger only because I wrap one finger around the steering wheel while driving and a slight bruise that broke the skin on my ankle. I was doing about 40 MPH and consider myself very lucky.
The other gentleman I hit ended up with a broken collarbone. He went away in an ambulance, myself left standing on the road with his wife while the tow trucks loaded both vehicles. His wife showed up right after the ambulance. I have never felt so small!

This could be anyone, but this time it happened to me, will you be next?

Wirewiz

#8837 04/05/02 09:57 PM
I hate it when that happens. Several years ago I was approaching an intersection at about 55 mph. The light turned yellow, and I realized that I would run the red light. So, I decided to swerve over onto the shoulder of the road. As all this was happening, I managed to look in my rear view mirror. I watched a silver car behind me run the red light. As I skid to a stop on the shoulder, the truck behind the silver car drove off the road, onto the shoulder, and hit me. I said to myself, "Self....you just avoided an accident, and someone else hit you. Self, you did the right thing. Self, you have nothing to worry about." After the long arm of the law showed up, I said to myself, "Self, (I really said that)...self, you just got a ticket." The long arm of the law reached out again, 9 months later, and I said to myself, "Self, that guy has filed a lawsuit against you." About 6 months after that I was sitting in some lawyer's (my insurance's attorney) corner office on about the 40th floor of a building in downtown Houston. I said to myself, "Greg, (this time I said Greg, not self)...Greg, this guy (Tae Kwon Do expert, he had pictures of himself whipping the "crap" out of other guys all over his office walls) is going to get you out of this." My insurance paid the guy $16,000.00, plus replaced his truck.

Selfologically Yours,
Doc

[This message has been edited by The Watt Doctor (edited 04-06-2002).]

The Watt Doctor
Altura Cogen
Channelview, TX

Link Copied to Clipboard