ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 205 guests, and 28 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
P
Sparky
I am glad that you come to this forum and vent. I believe that you would not if you did not care - so I can say you care.
It is not easy, in fact it is unsettling when you have to go to work everyday and wonder... I give you credit.
In the area where I live (1/2 an hour north of NYC), 4 years ago we had a license agreement passed. Prior to that almost anything went and competition was all over the place. Now after 20 long hard years and at times seemingly fruitless effort, we had the license agreement passed. Three years later the neighboring jurisdiction had theirs passed. There are still pockets of resistance including consumers, but it will always be so.
What I am driving at is it is a time issue, for most in certain areas, the time may be a lot longer.
Good Luck and happy new year!

Pierre

Pierre Belarge
Stay up to Code with the Latest NEC:

>> 2023 NEC & Related Reference & Exam Prep
2023 NEC & Related Reference & Study Guides

Pass Your Exam the FIRST TIME with the Latest NEC & Exam Prep

>> 2020 NEC & Related Reference & Study Guides

S
thank you Pierre [Linked Image]

as it is said, every dog has his day

maybe even us rabid ones too eh?

~S~

Gentlemen:
I haven't been "here" as much as I would like to, time is scarce, etc.

Harold:
An interesting thread, and some interesting replies.

Yes, I remember Virgil, his plight, and his causes, and I remember how a few guys here helped him out, against his wishes. I'll say again, as I said to Virgil privatley, it's a damn shame what he went through.

Sparky, it's good that you stop by here and vent, and it's tough to play on an uneven field.

With my AHJ hat on, I do my job, fair and impartial, and I do not believe in the 'old boys club'. Thankfully, those days are gone, and hopefully they will not return. Yes, we have EC's who 'cut corners', and think it's a game. Again thankfully, the majority so it right the first time, and take pride in the work. I haven't heard the 20 year line for a few weeks, but 'the other guy lets me do it this way' pops up occasionally.

Harold, let me know if you have a 'quiet' day, to have lunch! Vacation coverage is done (I hope) so I'm back to 2 days as AHJ and have some time W/F if that works.
(908-803-0407 cell), Please no telemarketers guys.

John

John
H
Bob,

Your guys did great work. I compliment Shawn and Gary all the time. Again, there were several EC's on this job (Union and Non Union) and there was good guys and bad guys. I did not judge any EC's on union/non issue. As long as they did the job as per the NEC, I didn't have a problem. My biggest problem is with the NON electrical guys. The framers and tin knockers, and rockers, caused most of the problems. They managed to damage some of the electrical wires, boxes, etc.

H
John,

On Mon. Wed and Fri. I don't even get a lunch. I start work at 6:30 Am and stop at 5:00 PM. I do sit in the office between 7:00-7:30 AM on M-W-F and again between 8:30-9:00 am. If you like I could call you then or you can call me in that office. That is just one of my times. I have 4 different offices. This one in Montville I have the most freedom. My Peq. office, I get less time, since I only work 3 days a week in that town. E-mail me if you want and we can change Tel. # in order to get in touch.

I
Thanks for the info Harold. [Linked Image]

I would like to make clear that the guys Harold spoke of are not "my guys", we are equals. I am not an owner just a Foreman. [Linked Image]

Bob

Bob Badger
Construction & Maintenance Electrician
Massachusetts
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard