ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by gfretwell - 03/28/24 12:43 AM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (Scott35), 255 guests, and 12 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#85281 06/15/03 03:54 AM
N
Nagelec Offline OP
We intend to use the MC (Metal clad) cable on cable trays in the existing offshore platform which has presently the conduit installations. I would like to know how the MC cable (Aluminium sheathed) shall enter from Div.1 area into the MCC room (safe area). All the entries to the existing MCC room is as conduit entry. Can any one please clarify how this conversion (Cable to conduit)takes place?

Stay up to Code with the Latest NEC:

>> 2023 NEC & Related Reference & Exam Prep
2023 NEC & Related Reference & Study Guides

Pass Your Exam the FIRST TIME with the Latest NEC & Exam Prep

>> 2020 NEC & Related Reference & Study Guides

E
A box?

J
If the wires are continuous, without a splice, it is possible to connect the MC to the seal fitting (outside the zone).

N
Nagelec Offline OP
Hi John Steinke,

We don't want to splice the cable while entering into the false flooring of MCC room. The MCC room has a false false flooring and the MCC /DBs are installed on the false flooring tiles. From the cellar deck (lower deck), which is classified as Class I, Div 1 area, the MC cable has to enter the false flooring first and after a small run on the cable trays in the false flooring, it will be terminated in the MCC.
Our problem is how to enter the false flooring from a Div 1 area i.e. through conduit or through Muti cable transits? The MC cables are installed on cable trays in the cellar deck. So if the entry is through conduit, then what area all the fittings to be considered?

Link Copied to Clipboard