ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
UL 508A SPACING
by ale348 - 03/29/24 01:09 AM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (ale348), 302 guests, and 14 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
B
Who can forget the guy who tries to fix it himself first?

Stay up to Code with the Latest NEC:

>> 2023 NEC & Related Reference & Exam Prep
2023 NEC & Related Reference & Study Guides

Pass Your Exam the FIRST TIME with the Latest NEC & Exam Prep

>> 2020 NEC & Related Reference & Study Guides

Tom Offline
Bill,

If the paper was green with pictures of dead presidents on it, I might not complain.

Sometimes the junk is piled so high, the only way you know a panelboard is there is that you can't find it anywhere else

Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example.
Tom,

OK, I wasn't sure that you would get my meaning. [Linked Image]

Bill
S
This thread is great......i had to find a subpanel once....asked around....took hours only to find it behind a picture in the office of the first person i asked! She never even knew it was there !

S
sam Offline
Friday at work went to a school and it had boxes of books in front of a transformer that puts off alot of heat! What does a person need to do to make people understand
about electrical clearences?? Any ideas??

Broom Pusher and
At almost every bank branch that we go into to do work, the gear room is somehow confused with the paper storage, holiday decorations, janitor's sweeper/trash can, extra chair storage room!

The 50 or more boxes of printer paper are, of course, stacked up in front of the main disconnect switch.

The chairs and misc. other furniture get stacked in front of the gear for the subfeeds.

The subpanels, if any are located in the same room, get the holiday decorations and Janitor's stuff piled in front of them. And don't forget the piles on, and around, the Transformers!!

The only thing that can be seen clearly is the KWH meter! [obviously from the readers' complaining about being unable to see the register dials].

I always move the stuff away and try to explain to the branch staff why it's bad, but it never sinks in [until the fire department makes an inspection], then suddenly it's a big deal!

It's kind of funny, because when the fire department gets on their case about the clearance issues, all the contractors and subs get the normal faxed letter and warn against doing this!! Also, the gear room gets some hand written signs plastered all over the place.

When we arrive to work, the very same people that I have told over and over again about the junk in the gear room, make it a point to tell us not to store things in the gear room close to the gear.... and they do it without even feeling stupid or realizing they heard me bitching about it just a week before! [please excuse the curse word].

As you can tell, this is one of my favorites! It gets me a little hot under the collar! Glad to see others have seen the same baloney as I had seen - over and over and over. I didn't think about listing it earlier because it not only pisses me off, but wasn't sure if others had dealt with it too.

Working on bank branches is not too bad, but some places are really sloppy - as in how the staff keeps things. Loan offices/branches are the worst as far as finding hidden messes. They throw things anywhere out of site!!

Teller lines are real messy too, due to all kinds of trash, lint and junk stuffed everywhere. Also, when a LAN system is upgraded, most of the older cable vendors leave TONS of junk, plus the older systems' cabling and peripherals in a spaghetti fashion. Even the equipment vendors leave older and unused stuff around, like monitors, patch bays, hubs [MAUs, to be more accurate, since the LANs are always Tolken Ring], keyboards, broken Mice, 50,000 patch cords and the occasional work station or antiquated server. Lots of telephone sets here and there also, and don't forget the old 66 blocks from the old TBB!

Other than slicing through the forest of debris with a meshetti [is that how it's spelled?? the big knife that safari people use to hack their way through the jungle??], the work is not too bad.

So much for short messages [Linked Image]

Scott "S.E.T."

Scott " 35 " Thompson
Just Say NO To Green Eggs And Ham!
S
sure reads like many a sparky's day [Linked Image]

I've seen the AHJ in my locale issue a 48 hr, or even 24 hr "fix-it" citation for just such an instance.

Some people just gotta yank the lions tail !

G
It is Spanish and is spelled machete

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard