ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
UL 508A SPACING
by ale348 - 03/29/24 01:09 AM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (ale348), 302 guests, and 14 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Admin Offline OP
Administrator
The Forum Updgrade has to be done in 2 steps. We'll be moving towards a newer and slightly different type of software than we've had, but first had to upgrade to the last version of the type we had. Once we've seen that everything works OK we can schedule the final Update.

One thing we've noticed so far is that the new version of old (existing) threads have a different URL now, so links to them go to an older (now, non-working) copy of the page. In other words the links there do not work and no one can add to the discussions on those pages.

We are looking for a solution to fix that before we move on.

If you guys notice anything else please post it here.

Bill

Y
I can't tell the difference between new, unread posts and old ones. The icons are all yellow indicating every post on the site as unread. I logged in, but that didn't change anything. Hope it gets fixed. Thanks.

I'm guessing that's because it's the first time visiting the "New" Forum.

If you go to 'my profile' link there is a link to 'Update New Post Indicators'. This seems to mark everything as read.

Bill

Bill
Y
Yep, you're right. On my second visit everything settled down. Thanks. And, you guys do a great service.

G
The URL for the top page of each group is different too. I just have icons on my desk top that take me directly to the index of each group I follow. They all give a nasty message now about not returning headers. I had to truncate back to "...net" to get here.

This is the message

CGI Error
The specified CGI application misbehaved by not returning a complete set of HTTP headers. The headers it did return are:

Can't open perl script "D:\licensedelectricians\cgi-shl\forumdisplay.cgi": No such file or directory

Greg Fretwell
Just a heads up, the urls will probably change again. It would probably be easier to put existing threads into an archive, but we're doing our best to keep them active and open.

Bill

Bill
S
When trying to edit a post, it does not say submit, it just ask again "edit post" or "preview post" or did I do something wrong?
Thanks .. Steve

Admin Offline OP
Administrator
When trying to edit a post, it does not say submit, it just ask again "edit post" or "preview post" or did I do something wrong?
Thanks .. Steve
Steve,

The "edit post" would be the one you want. This seems to be the terminology that is used now.

(give it a try! smile )

Bill

D
djk Offline
Chatroom page:

There's a small glitch where by if you click the link to the ECN forum under the chatroom application (while the chatroom's open) you navigate back to the forum and loose the java app. You have to go back and re-log in.

The link should cause the browser to open a new window with the forum.

G
I'm not a big fan of the new preview for the "open active topics" button.
It takes up a lot of screen compared with the old layout.
I'd rather see the old screen that just listed the headings that had activity in them than the text of the most recent posting...

Ghost307
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard