ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by gfretwell - 03/28/24 12:43 AM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (CoolWill), 250 guests, and 13 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#75067 02/21/07 02:16 AM
Broom Pusher and
El-Bumpo!

Will anyone be attending on Thursday? I should arrive by 10:00 AM -
however...
the forecast calls for Rain that day, and moisture frightens many L.A. based Motorists, so might be arriving "Around 10:00 AM"!

Look for the Person wearing a Simpson's T-Shirt, with Bart saying:
"I See Dumb People..."

On that previously mentioned shirt's upper left side will be a name tag - and the tag shall indicate "Scott Thompson".

That should be me! [Linked Image]

In regards to "E57's" post:

Well, As all C-10's, I just got my DAS Newsletter

Ya, I got that letter recently and found it to be quite funny indeed!

Very humorous spelling + grammatical errors tossed in the same document.

What I thought was a great punch line, came in the statements regarding the NEC Version used for the exam's basis (1999), but more to the point was the statement:

"Only a portion of the questions on the exam refer to the NEC. The remaining questions are based on skill and experience gained by the test candidate during their required hours of on-the-job experience"

I feel real sorry for the people who get the fun job of attending the DAS booth!

Scott35

Scott " 35 " Thompson
Just Say NO To Green Eggs And Ham!
#75068 02/23/07 09:38 PM
S
So how was the show???
Anyone network with the DAS booth??

Larry LeVoir
Inspector
City of Irvine, CA
#75069 02/24/07 09:04 AM
I went Wednesday morning. It was a good time. I ate candy until I thought I was going to overdose [Linked Image]

I stopped by the DAS booth, and asked a couple of simple questions, which got the results that I expected ("Look at the website", "Call this number", "Enforcement isn't our job").
Then the "Chief" came over and discussed things a little more in depth. It was nice to see that his understanding of the real problems facing the program was not just limited to the website and the phone number.

Of course he couldn't discuss the non-politically-correct issues in an official capacity, [Linked Image] but he was fairly candid in his unofficial view.

They still couldn't tell me how to change my registration address.

[This message has been edited by electure (edited 02-24-2007).]

#75070 02/24/07 10:40 AM
S
Thanks. Glad you enjoyed your chat with the chief.
Any new products?

Larry LeVoir
Inspector
City of Irvine, CA
#75071 02/26/07 10:53 AM
S
I was also at the show on Wednesday and there were few attending. Aside from ATP (American Technical Publishers) teaming up with Dolphins Software (Volts software) little was new. I did find out that Thursday was a bigger day, but the displaying vendors were still the same. I am told that the crowds and vendors are larger when the show is in Las Vegas instead os Long Beach.

NECA is a much larger show, both with vendors and products as well as attendance. This year it is in San Francisico during the beginning of October.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard