ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by gfretwell - 03/28/24 12:43 AM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (Scott35), 274 guests, and 14 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#73772 01/02/07 10:31 AM
K
Kenbo Offline OP
Dont mean to upset any one in the telesales marketing (unless they phone when im trying to eat, sleep, watch tv or on the PC), or people with an alterative lifestyle. But when I listend in to this link I laughed so much I had trouble breathing.

How to deal with telemarketing people

Thought you would like it too

Kenny

der Großvater
#73773 01/02/07 11:06 AM
S
That's a pretty good one. I used to get those calls all the time but not since I ditched the landline about a year ago. Now I use my cell phone exclusively. But when I did have a landline, I used to put the telemarketers on speaker phone, pull up a soundboard of Ms Cleo, or Arnold Shwarteneggar, and have them talk to Cleo or Arnold. It made the telemarketer calls something I would look forward to.

"I'm Miss Cleo... what you want be asking me darlin?"

LOL

#73774 01/02/07 12:26 PM
ROFL [Linked Image] That is funny!! I never get angry or abusive at telesales here, we get around 2 or 3 a week, usually about heating or double-glazing, and still pretty unsophisticated. About 50% of them hang up when I answer "Hell-oh!" and not "'Allo" and they suss-out I'm English, [ you can usually here the "office noises" in the background before the click ]. For those brave enough to hang in there and find they can converse in French, I politely explain that I don't need their product and wish them good-day. Mostly they are young guys/girls trying to make a living, probably their first job, in a country with 20% unemployment. Why get angry? Good manners cost nothing, and I don't feel like a miserable old grouch afterward.
It might be different if it was 10 calls an evening though!

Alan

Wood work but can't!
#73775 01/02/07 06:55 PM
J
Well, I think that "Donotcall.gov" was a great idea here. I used to always get calls for a satellite system or home improvements, usually at supper time. I had wanted to find a way to make them talk to each other. The fine is supposed to be 11k now and I turned one concern in twice. They seem to have gotten the idea. But a few weeks ago I got a call from a jerk after 9PM. I told him that I was on the Do Not Call list. He told me that he was exempt. I told him that he was not allowed to call after 9PM local time. He began telling me how that rule didn't apply to him either. Finally, I told him that he must at least be aware of my 1st Amendment right to tell him to @#$% #@@ (click)
Joe

#73776 01/02/07 06:57 PM
S
Hahaha. That was stinking hilarious.

#73777 01/02/07 09:14 PM
E
e57 Offline
That was good - I'll have to remember that tactic.

I recently had to change my home number after having it for nearly 2 years. There were collection agencies calling for the former owner of the number. We thought it would eventually end - but it just got continually worse. After the first year we tracked down the woman who had it via a simple internet seach and found that her home was on the market due to foreclosure due to the fact that she had been deceased for several years, and the home had finally gone up on probate sale. (CA law says you need to list who and how they died if in the home.) Try telling a collection agent that.... They call more... Whats worse is they pull little scams like saying that they are calling about a medical appointment she supposedly made. Finally had to change the number... Swear, if there were a tower to get a clear view at some telemarketers and or collection agents I would be tempted. Alternately - Giving them a dose of thier own would be very satisfying...

Mark Heller
"Well - I oughta....." -Jackie Gleason
#73778 01/03/07 12:22 AM
Incredibly funny!! Reminds me of a tactic I used to get rid of certain door-to-door folks.... [Linked Image]

Stupid should be painful.
#73779 01/03/07 12:24 AM
ROFLMAO!!!! [Linked Image from img.photobucket.com]

#73780 01/03/07 02:21 AM
G
For door-to-doors, a friend of mine (male, no less...) used to answer the door buck naked. For those that bothered to stammer, "uh -- sorry to have bothered you", he would cut in, "No, no trouble at all! Come on in. (Scratching himself) Can I make you a sandwich?"

They could never get out of there fast enough.

#73781 01/03/07 02:33 AM
G
Yep, that will get those Watchtower folks to move along.

Greg Fretwell
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard