ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 376 guests, and 7 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 11 of 12 1 2 9 10 11 12
E
e57 Offline
Better stay away from anywhere one could see the northern or southern lights - more EMF confluence there than anywhere else. (Solar radiation too.)

Scott, one of those greenlee tickers will go off like a humming bird on a wool sweater - always lots of fun with the girls back in the day. "Ooo - honey you're hot."

Mark Heller
"Well - I oughta....." -Jackie Gleason
I
How did that line work out for you?

Bob Badger
Construction & Maintenance Electrician
Massachusetts
Scott, what are you doing in my backyard taking pictures?? [Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image]

L
LK Offline
"Better stay away from anywhere one could see the northern or southern lights - more EMF confluence there than anywhere else. (Solar radiation too.)"

And every time there is a flair up, or increased solar activity, radio communications, power distribution equipment, and other electronic devices are subject to damage, that is usually from a short duration event, long term exposure to smaller fields, are still an unknown.

Randy, I didn't realize your area had electricity yet. [Linked Image]
A question:
Are all these people concerned with the continued effects of the EMF, or is this hullabaloo all about a perceived shock hazard?

[This message has been edited by electure (edited 01-02-2007).]

Are all these people concerned with the continued effects of the EMF

Wouldn't we be exposed to more EMF than anyone else?? (maybe linemen more than wiremen though...) My cousin I learned the electrical trade from lived to be 99 [Linked Image]

PS... The electricity just goes through town, if I line the cows up in series under the 500KV, I get enough current to get on ECN [Linked Image]

[This message has been edited by Lostazhell (edited 01-02-2007).]

G
I really don't know enough of anything to have anything useful to add here... The whole thing is just a little too "????" to me...

But as for the fluorescent tube picture -- May the schwartz be with you. And your camper too.

(Sorry, couldn't help it.)

LMFAO about the milli-goths.

[This message has been edited by electure (edited 01-03-2007).]

I
ITO Offline
Mr. Zagami’s story does not pass the sniff test.

1) He built the house on a utility easement; it just does not get any dumber than that. Would anyone here build their home on a utility easement? Just curious, lets see a show of hands.

2) Just because you got your plans past permitting does not mean you don’t have to use common sense or that you can violate building codes. I have done many a job where something on the plans was not right and still made it past plan review, and guess what… I still had to do it right to get it past the inspector; plan review is not the final check, its just one of the checks. If you got a permit to build your house in a flood plain, and your house flooded, you could not blame permitting.

3) Mr. Zagami was warned repeatedly not to build on the easement by the POCO.
“Debbie Drew, the spokeswoman, said Zagami built his home on National Grid’s easement and ignored its repeated warning to stop.”
Yet he did it anyway an that is somehow the poco’s fault?

4) $360K for a 1,700 SF house? That is $211 a square foot; unless the land cost him $190k (which it probably does not since it is on a UTILITY EASMENT), I don’t buy it.
If you can’t build a house yourself for under $100 a square foot, you are doing it wrong.(Granted I am being a snob but that does not look like an expensive house to me)

5) What bank in their right mind would make a home construction loan for a house built on a utility easement? ]

6) … and now this is all somehow everyone other than Mr. Zagami’s fault, who is the complete victim of a “bad home inspector who no longer works for the city”?

Sorry I have worked construction long enough to be jaded and I just don’t buy it. This guy is either a complete idiot, or smart enough to think he could pull a fast one, but got caught and is trying to come up with the “right” story.

[This message has been edited by ITO (edited 01-03-2007).]

101° Rx = + /_\
I
ITO Offline
…and another thing: Did he not notice that metal objects like his camper, and car, and tools he was using building his house were energized? At what point did he stop and say, hey this is not right? From the story it sounds like he was willing to ignore it until the inspector shut him down.

101° Rx = + /_\
R
shockme,
Don, but what you are saying is that in your area the bank who gives the loan for the house should have picked this up since they review the deed of the house before giving out the loan?
The title insurance would have noted the easement on the policy, but I am not sure if they would have checked to make sure that the terms of the easement were complied with. As long as the easement was recorded against the property the only one at fault here is the owner if he built within the easement.
Don

Don(resqcapt19)
Page 11 of 12 1 2 9 10 11 12

Link Copied to Clipboard