ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
UL 508A SPACING
by ale348 - 03/29/24 01:09 AM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (ale348), 302 guests, and 14 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
S
Although lightening storms here are infrequent and generally not severe, I have a policy that during a lightening storm we won't work on any electrical equipment, phone or CATV that is connected. We always wait until the storm passes. As for rain - we have rain slickers and adjust the job according to the weather.

Sixer

"Will it be cheaper if I drill the holes for you?"
J
Brick masons rules apply.

Rule one
First drop of rain that hits me it is, “shame on mother nature”
Second drop of rain that hits me it is, “shame on me”

Rule two
Never work beside someone with an upset stomach as it may sound like thunder. At the first sound it is time to leave the job because the end result can be the same, a very unpleasant odor.

Mike
G
I asked my favorite builder. The rule on her jobs is if you work outside you get indoors when lightning starts banging. The concrete guys and masons will usually wait it out if it is just a summer storm. The sun might be shining in 20 minutes. Roofers, roof framers and screen cage guys usually go home. Inside work goes on like normal.

Greg Fretwell
T
I am not a lineman, but in my opinion I'd rather wait for the storm to pass before they re-connect my power if it fails. I can live for an hour or so, no need to put anyone in danger for no reason. Just my opinion.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard