ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by gfretwell - 03/28/24 12:43 AM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (gfretwell), 32 guests, and 14 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#667 02/27/01 01:16 AM
D
doc Offline OP
Well gang the company I was working for has decided to put me on waivers,they really got tired of me saying I cannot legally do that but if you are bent on doing it wait until I'm gone to do it.The last straw was wanting to pull some #6 so cord {extension cord } through a wall then out across the rafters coming out of a 480 volt 3 phase panel and go about 60 feet hang a 100 amp safety switch and then out across the rafters for about 150 feet and in between here make a splice so we could add a piece on as the one was not long enough no j-box no strain reliefs.
Bad enough going through the walls and over rafters ,then i find out this cord has been outside ,on the roof ,dragged from pillar top post and no one knew how good a shape it is in.
They used the old excuse that due to production slow down my services were no longer needed.
So am looking again and may lose everything I own but damn if I will do somethiing that I know is wrong or unsafe
For a while you may not see me as I will be spending a lot of time job looking,and hopefully find a company that will not be like the last one
THANKS FOR LISTENING

MAY THE SUN SHINE ON YOUR FACE IN THE MORNING AND YOU AWAKE WITH A SMILE
#668 02/27/01 07:43 AM
S
doc;
I've had to tell quite a few individuals that "I don't do dangerous" . Most of these cannot grasp simple concepts of safety, never mind code articles, they just see the bottom line.
I applaud your integrity, hopefully you'll find a co. that appreciates it.
[Linked Image]

#669 02/27/01 10:36 PM
K
Doc,
good luck with the hunt. our trade needs people like you ,who understand how dangerous electricity can be. I also applaud you for standing up for what is right and safe.

#670 02/27/01 11:35 PM
S
Hey Doc. I don't know what part of the county you reside in, but there is always a shortage of good electricians. Let your conscience be your guide, I do. Good luck,I'm
sure you will find something soon.

#671 03/02/01 10:41 PM
Doc,

I know where you are coming from. I, too have been in the position of having to buck the system almost daily on issues like you describe. Sometimes the ignorance of the corporate world is almost astounding. Hang in there, We're all behind you! Be sure to let us know how you are doing.

Bill

Bill

Link Copied to Clipboard