ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (Scott35), 460 guests, and 14 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#66704 06/15/06 08:27 PM
N
It isn't just cell phone company lawyers, it's the FCC.

With a very few exceptions, jamming devices are illegal under federal law.

The federal law only prohibits ACTIVE jamming, or devices which actually transmit an interfering signal. A theater owner would be perfectly legal in installing copper mesh screening under the wallpaper or whatever, creating a faraday cage to block reception of cellphone signals.

#66705 06/17/06 03:56 AM
Adam,
Try keying your radio beside your computer monitor
I have a 50 Watt 2-metre (143-148MHz) transciever and cradle taped to the top of my system case and have had for the last 3 months.
The monitor or the computer don't seem to be too concerned.
I would post a pic, but I'm too ashamed of the gratuitous use of PVC insulation tape.
Most of you would cry if you saw it, I know I did. [Linked Image]

#66706 06/17/06 07:53 AM
Broom Pusher and
We have a few low power, lower UHF spectrum (<10 watts, 450 mHz range) 2-Way Radios, which - if Radio Transmission is done within a 3 foot radius of certain Impact Printers, will initiate a single Carriage Return on that printer, each time a Transmission is started (like a dirty key bounce problem).

Scott35

Scott " 35 " Thompson
Just Say NO To Green Eggs And Ham!
#66707 06/17/06 03:23 PM
R
Trumpy:
PVC Tape, DUCT tape, its all good [Linked Image]

I can't explain it really, our last set of Motorola radios did the same thing, and the new ones we have " i 560" is the model number do the same.. Even if you just turn it on being near a radio or monitor it screws things up, and the same goes if it's just sitting there in the dash of the van or on the secretaries desk, it will start screwing up the radio, the monitor or whatever... it even interferes with our regular land line phones if you are close enough.... Funny thing is, they work when you dont want them too,( boss looking for you, secretary wanting to give you 8 more "emergency" work orders) but always seem to NOT work any other time.. [Linked Image]

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard