ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by gfretwell - 03/28/24 12:43 AM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (Scott35), 271 guests, and 16 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
S
To all of you I wish to thank you for helping me with all my questions . Its been a pleasure to talk with all of you but now after working a big 20 hours a week for the past two months I have decided to go back to being a machinist. I really gave this apprenticeship the best effort I could. To Doug,Trumpy,and everyone I give you my best and please be safe out there. This web site has been great. Best of luck to all of you.
Steve (aka ancient apprentice)

T
Sorry to hear it Steve, but you can't live on 20 hrs/week of apprentice wages. Machining is a good trade, so keep your spirits up.

Dave

Hey, Please still visit us [Linked Image]

M
steve,

before going back to being a machinist, try another shop. why are you only working 20 hours/week? in our slowest of times our guys still get 40. it's not their fault all the time that we are slow.

hate to see someone who actually wants to be in this industry give up, just leaves more guys who are here by default.

don't quit yet.

E
e57 Offline
Yeah, ditto trying another shop....

Mark Heller
"Well - I oughta....." -Jackie Gleason
S
Mahlere,
All he does is fire restoration work. He relies on this soley. I have sent out resumes and I mean a lot of them. No reply what so ever. I thought that after 1.5 years commercial and 6 months residential,bucket truck work, HID lighting I thought someone would want me. Guess im just really discouraged.

L
LK Offline
"don't quit yet."

There is someone out there, that needs you!

R
Steve, many of our people are working overtime, there are contractors out there who will be able to give you a 40 + hr week, don't give up.

Roger

L
Wish you were in S Florida, you'd be able to start tomorrow.

B
Steve, don't give up until your apprenticeship is over and you have your license. I was a machinist as well (2 times actually, I hated electrical during my apprenticeship) I can never imagine working at a machine again. As a matter of fact my recurring nightmare is that I am still in a shop watching the clock. Try other shops, I think you should anyway to get a well rounded look at the trade. Unless you are working for a large contractor. If you have your E1, the sky is the limit. Unless if you have your own factory then I guess the sky is the limit there too. Good luck and don't give up.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard