ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
UL 508A SPACING
by ale348 - 03/29/24 01:09 AM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (ale348), 302 guests, and 14 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
E
e57 Offline
kdal, nice pipe...
Heres some of mine from a project last year. https://www.electrical-contractor.net/ubb/Forum5/HTML/000905.html
http://www.markhellerelectric.com/DSCN0013.JPG

[This message has been edited by e57 (edited 04-20-2006).]

Mark Heller
"Well - I oughta....." -Jackie Gleason
K
Nice work e57.Looks great.
Conduit can be a enjoyable art.

L
Im in a service department so do everything from resi to industrial. I'd much rather get dirty and work industrial at the concrete plant we do work for than hang ceiling fans or other resi work. I also love troubleshooting and building control panels in the concrete plant.

W
WFO Offline
POCO's never get any respect [Linked Image]
Utility work rules [Linked Image]

Kdal: Nice 7 over 7!!!!!
E57: NICE!!!! a lot over and next to a lot!!

Me, I prefer comm & site lighting, and the three Country Clubs. Resi is a "NO-NO"

With the AHJ 'hat' on, I still prefer comm/site & industrial, but I gotta do the McMansions too!!

John

John
W
Saw in the local paper a mention about the Secacus Junction railroad transfer station in northern NJ. Seems that they forgot about the task of changing out the light bulbs mounted in high locations in the ceiling of the place when it was designed. Seems that they had to lower one "crane" thru an opening in the roof with another crane. And that the "crane" lowered into the place was needed to reach the light bulbs that needed changing. I think that they changed out every bulb to avoid having newly burnt out ones a month later. Cost something like $10000 just to rent the cranes. Those bulbs better last a good while! Seems that even industrial and commercial sometimes get it bad.

M
I haven't done much industrial so I can't say anything about that. Lots of commercial. The money was good, (speaking from a contractor's perspective here), but the hours were generally longer. Lots of times there were crashed schedules to deal with. I switched to doing residential work when I started a family. Now I am just about always home at nights. After some real trial and error, I learned how to make a decent living doing that work also. The down side of residential work can be some of the general contractors you get to contend with. Learn to weed em out and things get better.

K
kojunho Offline OP
wow, lots of variety. kdal and e57 that looks like awesome work you guys are doing. i probably got a ways to go before i can start that kind of job

B
I've always preferred new commercial but I've just done my first factory and enjoyed it so I'll be looking to do both in the future.

F
I like commercial, but decided to do just residential service work for now. My license is for residential, so I stick with it. I am avoiding new home construction, as it is demanding and too competitive, and I don't have the business experience or connections to compete with the big names.
Most electrical contractors here are too busy building homes to have time to mess with small jobs. This is my niche, and as a subcontractor, I always get paid from the company sending me to the homes. I won't get rich, but if I make enough to live on, and keep the customers satisfied, I am happy with my choice.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard