ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 205 guests, and 28 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
T
Tiger Offline OP
I love my Panasonic cordless tools and have been considering their reciprosaw. Anyone have it???

Thanks,
Dave

I love my 18volt panasonic cordless tools too.
i just purchased the Drill circular saw and the reciprocating saw about 3 weeks ago. I like them much better than the 14.4 V dewalt kit that is now in the Satellite technicians Van. I also bought the panasonic 3.6 volt cordless screwdriver as the Milwaukee one i have the switch is sticking on it.

S
Panasonic fan here too! Picked up the 12V Impact driver based on positive Consumer Reports review. Fantastic tool. The batteries seem to last forever. Got my eye on the 18V hammer drill next. [Linked Image]

T
Tiger Offline OP
I've got the hammer drill. It works well as a drill, but you can't beat a rotary hammer for drilling concrete. Any hammer drill is a toy next to a rotary hammer. A hammer drill just doesn't have the punch.

Dave

G
I second what Dave said. I have a 1/2" hammer drill that does a decent job shooting holes for TapCons and such but when I was trying to punch some 3/4" holes for a raceway this thing just beat me up and made some dust. My neighbor came over with his rotary hammer and it went like we were drilling balsa wood.
I got a chance to play with a Hilti at one of those road shows and they make a real nice one. You can poke 1" holes in concrete with no real feedback at the tool.

Greg Fretwell
I
A lot of us in the company use a 18 Volt Dewalt SDS rotary hammer and it is a good machine.

Its on par with a corded Bosh Bulldog for power.

On a concrete block job 1.25" Bits will work fine.

With poured concrete it does well with up to 1/2" bits which is perfect for 3/8" drop in anchors.

[This message has been edited by iwire (edited 04-05-2006).]

Bob Badger
Construction & Maintenance Electrician
Massachusetts
Umm,
I might have started this Panasonic thing, via the Chat room.
I'm not saying it's wrong, Panasonic make some bloody good drill units and other tools and the battery units don't bugger up after a few charges, no matter how much you abuse them.
Panasonic was the first company to use NiMh batteries.
My 12V NiMH batteries are still going strong and I can still driil through a power pole (300mm) with an Auger bit, at least 3 or 4 times.
Auger bit being 1".
At the end of the day, it is the drill motor and battery that makes the difference.
Some manufacturers should be ashamed to put what they call motors in thier drills.
Brushes?, get real!. [Linked Image]

Link Copied to Clipboard