ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 265 guests, and 15 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
I'm just curious about what the percentage break down is for the members of this board.
I would consider myself a commercial electrician with about 85 to 95% of my experience in commercial applications. The rest would be industrial and manufacturing with a "sprinkle" of residential. I was a maintenance electrician in the Navy, but I'm not including those 4 years.
HMEL #688

The Watt Doctor
Altura Cogen
Channelview, TX
P
My background is mostly in the electronics side of things. I worked in telecoms (telephone, TV, telex etc.) and still do service work and freelance work for tech. publishers.

I do basic electrical wiring work on a part-time basis as and when it crops up; probably only about 25% of my working time.

It's almost entirely residential, with an occasional light commercial job such as a small store or similar (just finished a job at a local pub).

N
I’m a commercial electrician. About 90% commercial 10% industrial. My housing experience is limited to what I have done in my own home and for mom and dad. [Linked Image]

S
my work is strictly industrial
salt mine,auto plants,stamping plants,plastic injection
larry

F
I'm a 442a industrial electrician working at a local hospital

S
I currently work in industry and run a sideline job, mostly residential. Also spent 5 years @ in a public hospital maintenance shop. I also have an A.A.S. in Electronics Technology

[This message has been edited by spkjpr (edited 12-31-2001).]

M
I work as a maintenance electrician for a Las Vegas showroom. I maintain and design electrical, control, and data systems for a wide array of systems in and around a 1.9 million gallon pool. I also have a side architectural / consultation firm specializing in theatres and auditoriums.

Mike Wescoatt
F
I did mostly custom residential for 10 years with a lot of commercial and industrial mixed in as well as the yearly grain dryer/bin construction and maintenance. For the last 5 years my main work has been industrial and schools but I am starting a new custom home and a medical center now while still taking care of a manufacturing plant and a seed grain facility. So I guess I'm all over the place.

R
I have a day gig ang my own baby, which I'm hoping to make my day gig sometime.
I do the Electrical & Instrumentation in a chemical research plant by day. My business currently is 90% residential old work. I hope to break into commercial & industrial eventually, but as long as I have my day job I can't provide the availability that would need.

N
My background is in electronics, as well. Started out in TV repair shops, fixing consumer electronics back when the stuff was still designed to be repaired. I also worked for several years in broadcast radio/TV, doing transmitter and equipment maintenance.

I currently work full-time as an electronic instrumentation designer for an environmental research lab. Spend most of my time on the bench, working with chips, resistors, scopes, etc.

Part of my work involves the installation of remote weather monitoring equipment on rooftops, etc. As far as electrical work goes on these, it basically consists of a single 120VAC line to the roof, and LOTS of low voltage wiring. The contract we received to do this work required a licensed electrician to do the installations, so my employer paid for my licensing classes several years ago.

I pick up extra money on the weekends doing about 90% residential and 10% commercial work.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard