ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 96 guests, and 10 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#5859 12/11/01 08:02 AM
R
Redsy Offline OP
Twice in the past month I was asked if payment could be deferred. Since both came from my Church newsletter, I figured it would be okay. One was last night and since I have to return on Saturday, they said I'll have a check then. I feel okay with them. The other one was a guy who said his wife had the checkbook and he would send me payment ($180.00). It's been 2 weeks. Should I call yet?
Does everyone here demand COD?

#5860 12/11/01 09:42 AM
W
I think I would send him a registered letter with the bill enclosed. That way you have proof that a bill was sent and it was signed for as having been received. And keep those copies in a file.
Just a thought.

#5861 12/11/01 06:56 PM
S
Most T&M billing is done net 30 days. Most are either sending statements or calling, just like your normal household bills, lights, heat etc.

I've defered, but only as arranged. I've made a percentage/time deal with some who have a real estate deal cooking.

I've purposely walked into a full business and audibly slapped a bill down on the front counter. ( particularly effective after a muddy cobwebbed job) Nothing works as well as publicly embarassing someone, people hate it!
Loudly proclaiming that they "Are taking the food out of my childrens mouths" with bill in hand is not at all illegal ,
(It does not slander them..) and will instantly gain a response from any in earshot, if only having them squirm .

A fella's gotta have some fun.... [Linked Image]

#5862 12/12/01 09:35 AM
T
Slow or no payment can really make life a bit more stressful.
It may help to have a "notice" printed on the estimate....
*Payment is due when work is completed*

As in nearly every other industry, can you as contractors charge interest on over due bills after 30 days?

Had to call only one place three times, otherwise, most pay on time, the same day the work is completed.

For larger jobs, we ask that payment for materials be up front. (this amount based on the estimated cost) then if there is a difference it is covered or paid back (if over paid) when the job is complete.

#5863 12/12/01 09:36 AM
R
Redsy Offline OP
I got paid yesterday. 2 weeks, 1 day.
I decide that 30 days will be my trigger for the nasty stuff.

Link Copied to Clipboard