ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
Shout Box
Recent Posts
Fire source!
by LongRunner. 05/25/18 01:49 AM
Alternative income sources
by gfretwell. 05/24/18 10:07 PM
Furnace igniter leaking noise to stereo
by geoff in UK. 05/23/18 01:18 PM
Opinions Please
by Keith_Mc. 05/23/18 09:22 AM
Quickbooks
by Keith_Mc. 05/23/18 09:19 AM
New in the Gallery:
Plug terminals
Housebilding DIY wiring
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 11 guests, and 9 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Skill Rating #55710
09/03/05 09:06 PM
09/03/05 09:06 PM
waymag  Offline OP
Member
Joined: Jan 2002
Posts: 68
dallas, texas, USA
Do any of you guys have a skill rating system like we have at the company i work for?

Work Gear for Electricians and the Trades
Re: Skill Rating #55711
09/03/05 09:26 PM
09/03/05 09:26 PM
L
luckyshadow  Offline
Member
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 315
Maryland USA
Before the question may be answered you might want to explain the skill rating system to us.

Re: Skill Rating #55712
09/03/05 09:36 PM
09/03/05 09:36 PM
waymag  Offline OP
Member
Joined: Jan 2002
Posts: 68
dallas, texas, USA
The skill rating of the electricians that work in the company. Like an E-1 is a new green hand on up to E-10 as the job site superintendent

Re: Skill Rating #55713
09/03/05 10:54 PM
09/03/05 10:54 PM
G
georgestolz  Offline
Member
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 91
Fort Collins, CO, US
No, but it sounds interesting. How does it work? [Linked Image]


-George
Re: Skill Rating #55714
09/04/05 04:48 AM
09/04/05 04:48 AM
E
e57  Offline
Member
Joined: May 2003
Posts: 2,876
S.F.,CA USA
I think every company does, right after $ on your paycheck. [Linked Image]


Mark Heller
"Well - I oughta....." -Jackie Gleason
Re: Skill Rating #55715
09/04/05 12:42 PM
09/04/05 12:42 PM
L
luckyshadow  Offline
Member
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 315
Maryland USA
It may sound strange, but where I work most of the electricians are paid about the same.
Their all within $2.00 of each other. The apprentices pay is based on a percentage of the " shop rate" . About 95% of our work is prevailing wage jobs , and the other 5% they are bidding at the same rates as prevailing wage. Us foreman make more then the non-foreman though.
The company started doing it this way 11 years ago and so far it's working. Based on the pay rates they are paying; The "dead wood" does not survive very long here. They can only have people who know their stuff and get the job done right the first time.
This type of pay system is not the norm for my area though.

Re: Skill Rating #55716
09/04/05 12:44 PM
09/04/05 12:44 PM
L
luckyshadow  Offline
Member
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 315
Maryland USA
deleted doubled entry

[This message has been edited by luckyshadow (edited 09-04-2005).]


Featured:

2017 Master Electrician Exam Preparation Combos
2017 NEC Electrician
Exam Prep Combos:
Master / Journeyman

 

Member Spotlight
sparky66wv
sparky66wv
West Virginia
Posts: 2,236
Joined: November 2000
Show All Member Profiles 
Top Posters(30 Days)
twh 12
Popular Topics(Views)
246,903 Are you busy
184,257 Re: Forum
173,496 Need opinion
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.6.1
(Release build 20180101)
Page Time: 0.022s Queries: 14 (0.004s) Memory: 0.9825 MB (Peak: 1.1359 MB) Zlib enabled. Server Time: 2018-05-25 11:07:19 UTC