ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Safety at heights?
by gfretwell - 04/23/24 03:03 PM
Old low volt E10 sockets - supplier or alternative
by gfretwell - 04/21/24 11:20 AM
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (Scott35), 235 guests, and 27 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
S
I am getting ready to build a truck with changable bodies in the near future. I really like my old service truck, retired the bucket truck but have a flatbed with a knuckle boom that is very handy. Here are a couple pics. I had to go to a heavy truck for service, just couldnt carry enough weight and have enough space on a smaller one. http://www.urkafarms.com/Welder_Index.htm

[This message has been edited by sberry27 (edited 08-14-2005).]

E
e57 Offline OP
Britspark, Look at the differance of offerings in Ford here and there...
http://www.ford.co.uk/ie/all_vans/-/-
http://www.fordvehicles.com/trucks/

While I was in Japan, the American version of the pick-up truck they sell alot of here is not available there. Most use a beefy version of an over-cab golf cart.

Mark Heller
"Well - I oughta....." -Jackie Gleason
E
e57 Offline OP
Doh, thought of another one....

Remote control cable puller/fish tape puller for one man pulling.

Mark Heller
"Well - I oughta....." -Jackie Gleason
S
I have seen that puller somewhere but I cant recall exactly where, it was in a trade mag or advertisement. Someone makes one.

M
quote "You can bend RMC however you can as long as you do not damage it."

My answer probably belongs in the confesionals thread. I have done it once with a 2" grc mast that did not penatrate the roof, but needed an ofset. It was before I bought my first triple nickle bender. I was working on a beach house right in front of the Banzai Pipeline. I filled the pipe with beach sand and used a propane torch with a large end on it to heat the pipe up. It bent perfectly. House is still standin.

F
3-wire romex strippers simular to the klien 2-wire strippers:-)

Fish tape with ft markings on it (This has got to exist but I just haven't walked onto it).

Staple gun for NMB I mean... COME ON! WTF is the hold-up here, this should be on every shelf... hehe

A real pop-in box for doing concrete boxes, we use the big white ones for recepticals but what about doing coach lights in a hollow cell...

G
Arlington is making a "stucco" box that finishes out nicely if you get it there before the stucco punch.

Greg Fretwell
Cat Servant
I'll second that request for a marked fish tape!

F
I made a ground rod puller a few years ago. Piece of 1/2" steel plate 2"x2" with a 7/8" hole drilled in the center. Weld 1' of 1/4" chain to the corner of the piece of plate. Attach a grab hook on the other end of the chain. Drop the plate over a ground rod and loop the chain over a spud bar and pry. The plate binds and grabs when you pry and drops back down the rod when you let off. You can jack an 8' rod out of the ground pretty quickly. We used to pull steel "T" fence posts on the farm the same way except the plate had a "T" torched in it and you hooked the chain on a spoke of the Farmall rear wheel and drove forward to pull the post.

F
What I'd really like to see is a duplex recept that you could mount in a raised 4 square cover without having to cut off the plaster ears and remove the screws.

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard