ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 260 guests, and 19 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Cat Servant
"The Green Mile" did Ol' Sparky one better...when someone fried, the lights got brighter, and burst like balloons!

J
Yeah -- Open neutral. [Linked Image]

C
Then there is the Green Acres episode where they have the generator, Lisa burns it out, and Oliver tries to explain the "rule of seven", where the appliances have a number, and they cannot total more than 7.

Their chart is

Can Opener -- 1
Coffee Pot -- 2
Iron -------- 2
Toaster ----- 2
Mixer ------- 2
Frying Pan -- 2
Rotisserie -- 4
Dish Washer - 5
Washing Machine 6
Freezer ----- 6
Refrigerator 6

All horribly skewed (no way a household refrigerator, even back then, would use 3x the power of a coffee pot, which mine is 660W, or a can operner would draw 330 W)

M
Wargames:
Heck I'd urinate on a spark plug if I thought it would help. Just what we were saying the other day about a DC drive

R
One of my favorites is from the simpsons.

Homer is obsessed with safty and is babyproofing the house. He takes a magic marker and draws bunny faces on the receptacles. Marge comes in and says "Homer maggie is'nt afraid of bunnies." To which Homer replies "Oh she will be!!!"

Chris.

S
Are there such classics nowadays?

The Big Lebowski

Maude Lebowski shows Jeffrey Lebowski an adult video that stars Bunny Lebowski, the missing girl that everyone is looking for. The video has a typical storyline where a cable guy comes to "fix the cable" at an apartment where there are two beautiful young women:

Maude Lebowski: "Good lord. You can imagine where it goes from here."
Jeffrey Lebowski: "He fixes the cable?"

A malfunction at the junction
--------------------------------------
Dwayne
W
Another scene from "Green Acres" has it that the power company had 120V on the power pole adjacent to their house, but for some reason the power company couldn't install a service on the house. So the power company connected a duplex 120V 15A outlet between the two wires (without any overcurrent protection) near the top of the pole, and gave Oliver an extension cord. He climbs the pole to plug it in, and then the commentator says that this might be the real reason for the big Northeast USA blackout in 1965, as Oliver plugs the cord in.

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard