ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (Scott35), 391 guests, and 13 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
#54059 07/15/05 02:13 PM
E
I'm 58. I run 25 miles a week. My running has eliminated the knee pain that I used to get after a stint of light fixture installation or service work. I don't run any faster than 10 minutes/mile and I enjoy the exercise, and feel invigorated the rest of the day because of it. I eat breakfast and lunch, with a light evening snack, and have no problem keeping my wieght down to 175.
Trouble is, what works for me isn't necessarily what will work for you.
My dad followed Alan's plan, and died miserably because of it.
So, Joe, experiment a bit. Take the long view, and expect it all to shape up in a few years. Just keep chipping away at it, regardless of how many times you fail to stay on course. Dogged determination is all there is to it!

#54060 07/15/05 02:26 PM
G
I tried running 5 miles a day and a week later I woke up in Immokalee saying what the hell am I doing. I thumbed a ride home and gave up that stuff.

Greg Fretwell
#54061 07/15/05 02:39 PM
I
Run, okay jog, around the neighbor hood. Just enough to get my pulserate up and out of breath. Then get on the wieghts a little. I do this at 5:00 every morning. Don't know if this'll be the key or not. But, I noticed that my midsection doesn't hang over my belt quite as far as it used to. Like Elzappr said, you need to find what works for you. Most important: Keep up the search, It may take a little bit to find what's right for you. Just because it takes a while to find it, it's no excuse to give up

#54062 07/15/05 05:59 PM
I decided after my trip to Amsterdam and Brussels, that I was going to try to trim down a bit.

Because, when I tried on the new pants my wife packed for me I had to lay on my back, and to make matters even worst after the day trips, always comes the nighs and dancing and drinking and tearing the bottom out of them there new pants.

It's not easy, especially since I am on the rode and can go to any restaurant I want!

Try some yogurt and cereal, been doing that for a while and now the pants fit!

I might even start working out over at Northeastern University.

Joe Tedesco, NEC Consultant
#54063 07/15/05 07:16 PM
B
Dodging being appointed for anything, jumping to conclusions, ducking responsibility, running down others, shooting off my mouth... let's see, what other types of activity do I do....

Seriously, I've got 3 pieces of equipment - a stationary bike, a total gym, and a nordic track... all three of which torment me into using them at least once in a while through the visual guilt process but still not often enough to make a difference (yet). We're also trying to get in an evening walk so we can build up my son's stamina before school starts. Hopefully we'll see some improvement for all of us.

I've enjoyed gymnastics 'back in the day' but no longer... I think if I did a front handspring now I'd hear a huge SNAP and come out of it with two broken wrists. I also have done a bit of weight lifting and really enjoyed it except that I couldn't find a serious and informed partner to lift with. Hubby says that I'm the strongest woman he knows... [Linked Image] he's probably right - I used to carry my mom over my shoulder to show off.

<wistful> maybe someday I'll get back into shape.... [Linked Image]

[This message has been edited by BuggabooBren (edited 07-15-2005).]

#54064 07/15/05 08:40 PM
D
Jog, weights, bike?? R U kiddin'? Who's got time for that? Wanna get in shape? Be a sole prop. resi guy. New build, re-mod.,
service.All the hats, all the time.I'm in great shape.(Wheeeww,pant pant)

#54065 07/15/05 08:48 PM
E
Here it is. The agony of defeat! I run 5 days a week 4-8 miles. This picture is from a four mile race last Sunday. It was HOT! I'll let you guess which one is me. [Linked Image] https://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y159/electricmanscott/Khourys.jpg
PS I look far worse than I felt. I just happen to very UNphotogenic. [Linked Image]

[This message has been edited by Electricmanscott (edited 07-15-2005).]

#54066 07/15/05 08:54 PM
E
e57 Offline
Has anyone mentioned WORK LIKE A DOG yet?

Mark Heller
"Well - I oughta....." -Jackie Gleason
#54067 07/15/05 09:10 PM
Cat Servant
All day up & down ladders, swinging shovels, pulling wires...and you think I'm going to sweat for fun?

Now I do my fair share of running...away from creditors and after dead-beats! Now I know how the mouse on the wheel feels.

#54068 07/15/05 11:07 PM
The best way is to not put so much food in your mouth .
I've tried switching from Rocky Road to Pistachio. Waiting on results [Linked Image]

(A Project Manager I know runs for about 2 hrs a day. He rewards himself with a beer for every ten minutes he runs. [Linked Image] )

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard