ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (Scott35), 221 guests, and 11 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
R
Huh, what?

Roger

G
Comedy
Recently Lebowski or Oh Brother,
A bit older S.O.B or Night Shift.
Old; Marx Brothers and Bob Hope.
Action/history
Patton, Longest Day or any John Wayne cowboy flick.
I don't think the current special effects/stunt man shows are worth the popcorn. If I want to see a roadrunner cartoon I will watch the original ones with the coyote on the Acme rocket skates.

Greg Fretwell
Electricmanscott,
Just got the joke.
- That is disgusting! [Linked Image]

Alan

Wood work but can't!
M
I'm with Joe on the Godfather. (Funny, both our names end in vowels). Too close to being authentically Sicilian to be accidental. A well reseatched movie. As for comedy.....Blazing Saddles.

"Live Long and Prosper"
Mark

P
It's very hard to pin down an absolute favorite as there are so many genres.

Anyhow, I'm another big fan of those old sci-fi B-pics from the fifties. I also love all those sixties beach movies, like the ones with Frankie Avalon & Annette Funicello -- Not very intricate storylines, I know, but great music and just a fantastic "feel good" factor to them (plus I'm still really a big kid at heart! [Linked Image] ).

I've love any of the Disney pictures with Hayley Mills. I developed a soft spot for her when I was about 12 so I've always loved her movies ever since. [Linked Image]

E
Alan, I just got the joke too. It is disgusting. [Linked Image] Bob, looks like you and I have the same sense of humor. Tommy Boy is one of those movies that you stop channel surfing and watch. For me anyway. As for Leslie Neilsen movies the Naked Gun is always a favorite. Who can forget OJ in one of his finest acting roles. When he was trying to put those gloveson and they just didn't fit, hoo what screamer. Oh that wasn't a movie?

BUMP!!!

I'm with Joe on the Godfather. (Funny, both our names end in vowels). Too close to being authentically Sicilian to be accidental. A well reseatched movie. As for comedy.....Blazing Saddles.

Ah yes, Blazing Saddles. The movie that inspired(s) much laughter where my father works. For example, a sign I recently made for him and personally posted on the bulletin board while there to pickup his paycheck:
Mr Mel! Mr Mel! There's quicksand out in Holiday City! Should we send a coupla service men? HELL NO! Send coupla maintnence men!
(Mr Mel = My dad's supervisor, quicksand = service call sent to maintnence by lazy workers, Holiday City = Senior Citizen development, PITA to work in, my dad being a maintnence man, and working for Comcast Cable.)

Now that I'm getting older, I enjoy more crime-related movies. And since I'm Italian (my parents won't fess up whether or not I'm related to the mafia), I do like movies like The Godfather.

Ian A.

[This message has been edited by Theelectrikid (edited 09-05-2006).]

Is there anyone on board who knows how to fly a plane?
J
How about Monty Python & the Holy Grail and Murder By Death. for comedy. Strategic Air Command for my cold war drama fav. and Dr. Strangelove for cold war comedy. Flesh Gordon and Groove Tube for spoofs.
Joe

W
Wrongfully Accused
Euro Trip
Road Trip
The Breakfast Club
Mississippi Burning
Crocodile Hunter: Collision Course
City Slickers

[This message has been edited by Wizzie Electric (edited 09-05-2006).]

Thanks.
M