ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 260 guests, and 19 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
R
To eleven! Speaking of classic movies! [Linked Image]

Happy birthday Ryan!
Thanks Bob!

Oh yeah, I also have all 19 James Bond movies [Linked Image] (geek!)

Ryan Jackson,
Salt Lake City
I
To eleven! Speaking of classic movies!

I figured you would get that reference. [Linked Image]

That is my favorite scene in the movie.

It is just so perfectly 'rock n roll'

Bob Badger
Construction & Maintenance Electrician
Massachusetts
P
Full Metal Jacket, Scarface, Sling Blade, Remember The Titans, Platoon and Top Gun are a few of my favs

Local 175
I found some old Bela Lugosi movies on DVD in a CVS store recently!

I also like his Dracula movies, especially the one where the crazy guy is looking up from the hole where he is in and laughing in a grinding tone.

He also enjoyed eating bugs too.

The classics from Di Nero, such as the "Bronx Tale" is also a great movie.

Don't forget Boris Karloff as Frankenstein!

Joe Tedesco, NEC Consultant
I
such as the "Bronx Tale" is also a great movie.

Good pick Joe, that is an outstanding movie.

Bob Badger
Massachusetts
R
I also like his Dracula movies, especially the one where the crazy guy is looking up from the hole where he is in and laughing in a grinding tone.

He also enjoyed eating bugs too.

The crazy guy (Renfield) was played by a guy named Dwight Frye, who was a VERY talented actor. Unfortunaltey for him, he played that role so well, he got typecast into horror movies (he also plays the assistant in Frankenstein and bride of frankenstien), and was never allowed to do a "straight" picture after that! Your'e right though Joe, that seen with him in the boat laughing manically is CLASSIC!
His scenes eating bugs and fantasizing about thousands of rats is awesome! What a great actor he was!

If you're into the genre, there is a box set of 50 horror movies you can get from best buy for like 25 bucks(!) that has some great films (and some bad ones).I also recommend the universal monster series sets, which each have about 5 movies (invisible man, dracula, muumy, frank, creature from the black lagoon, etc) for about 25 bucks as well.

Ryan Jackson,
Salt Lake City
E
I like all the bad '70s disaster movies like The Posiedon Adventure, Airport, Towering Inferno, and of course Jaws. More modern stuff I'd go with Saving Private Ryan, The Patriot, Black Hawk Down. For any movie fan you MUST have a decent home theater setup and as big a screen as possible. You just don't get the impact watching a movie on a 30" tv. Speaking of tv , not to threadjack, but how about tv shows? Being a kid of the '80s I watched some seriously bad tv. I'll confess that my cell phone ringtone is the theme from the A-Team and I will likeley see the Dukes of Hazzard Movie. My all time favorite though would be "Spenser For Hire". I loved the show, read the books and named my son accordingly. [Linked Image]

Making Plan 9, Wood was on a very tight budget and hired cars on a daily basis. So Officer Kenton(?)/Keston(?) races off from the Station in his white Ford Patrol Car to the Cemetary, and arrives in a black sedan, as the Ford was out to someone else that day! Bela Lugosi sadly passed away half-way through filming, and for the remainer of the film 'he' has a hood pulled over his head.

Now, if you want to talk TV: The Beverley Hillbillies: Granny Clampett schemin' t' be 'Racoon Queen' was just PERFECT. [Linked Image] [Linked Image]

Alan

[This message has been edited by Alan Belson (edited 06-18-2005).]

Wood work but can't!
I
It's a Godfather weekend on Spike TV.

The original Godfather is on right now. [Linked Image]

Bob Badger
Massachusetts
E
Can't watch a movie like that on tv. Commercials and editing stink.

Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard