ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
UL 508A SPACING
by ale348 - 03/29/24 01:09 AM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (ale348), 302 guests, and 14 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#51865 05/13/05 08:04 PM
E
Edward Offline OP
Do you know if there is a national labor code book, That gives you a set price for changing a receptacle or upgrading a panel or etc...?
I understand prices and labor charges are different in every part of the country. But maybe a book that has different prices for different section of the country?

This probably would be setup for a service company.

Thanks
Edward

Thanks
Edward
#51866 05/13/05 08:31 PM
E
e57 Offline
Used to be reffered to as Bluebook pricing, as I believe they used to publish under that name, not sure if they do anymore, but RSMeans, and National Electrical Estimator do.
http://www.rsmeans.com/bookstore/booksearch.asp?d=6
https://www.electrical-contractor.net/The_Store/Cr/CRNatElecEstimator_Intro.htm

To be competitive, you have to add or subtract a percentage. Or for that matter, a fudge, or idiot factor.

Mark Heller
"Well - I oughta....." -Jackie Gleason
#51867 05/14/05 01:58 AM
H
I have a old RS Means book that a cousin got for me must be 1995 and it has Man Hours and break down of what different part of the country charge per M.H. anyhow the book is very throughly, allthough kinda espensive and glad I got it for free was even brand new at the time. A misleading thing on this forum that alot people often refer to is books on how much to charge per hour, what every one should refer to is the man hours charged to do a particle job, because we all going to have a different rate to charge a hour. for instence I recently bought some hay from another EC in my area and he was telling me he charged $70hr and I know I myself only get $45hr for one particle town, we all charge more the further we get away, in my case the closer I work to the town of Aspen the more I charge a hour, for 2 reasons further drive time plus clientel has more $$$$..... but as for this other EC he is a faster worker (has got a system) but if he can can on average complete a opening in .5 MH and the same opening takes me .75 MH he should charge more for the for his time.
but the RS Means is a very good reference to Man Hours.
but per hour and Man Hours are 2 different issues for all of us.

[This message has been edited by highvoltageguy (edited 05-14-2005).]

Link Copied to Clipboard