Take a small screwdriver. Open boxes, receptacles, etc. Photo industrial control panels- including the switch on the machine. Visit a construction site.
Here's what too look for:
- Trenches chiseled in masonry to run smurf tube;
- Smurf tube ending near/ within round plastic boxes, without use of connector;
- "wedge" clamps on devices that are supposed to engage inside of box when attachemnt screw is tightened;
- "choc blocks" rather than wire nuts;
- different wire colors;
- three phase power to residences;
- Industrial control panels that have entire front covers of thick clear plastic, with small hand-hole to access items often re-set, etc.; and,
- machines with switches with three marks...a "O", a "Y", and a triangle. have someone explain the meaning.
You might want to take a rock with you...since Holland is built on swamp/ sea bed/ mud, most may never have seen one before :-)