ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by gfretwell - 03/28/24 12:43 AM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (Scott35), 261 guests, and 11 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
D
DougW Offline OP
Found this in my in box this morning:

The following is an email sent to you by an administrator of "Joe Tedesco's NEC". If this message is spam, contains abusive or other comments you find offensive please contact the webmaster of the board at the following address: davenix@joetedesco.com

Include this full email (particularly the headers).

Message sent to you follows:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

All Members:

The gallery and images that were located on this site are no longer available.

We will continue to keep the Electrical Questions and Answers forum in operation at: www.joetedesco.com/nec

We will develop a CD with the original images taken by us and expect to make it available in the near future.

In the meantime, for those who have used them, we will appreciate recognition by a reference to:
www.joetedesco.com

Thank you,

Wonder if the kid with the home made extension cord got pissed enough to try /threaten something in court?

It's a sad state of affairs when someone who is trying to make the world a safer place at his own expense (on a practical level) can't do so without involving the attorneys.

Well, at least they haven't silenced you yet, Joe! Keep preachin' and teachin' the word of electrical safety!

M
Hi,
maybe it was copyright violation?

-regards

Greg

[This message has been edited by mustangelectric (edited 03-16-2005).]

[This message has been edited by mustangelectric (edited 03-16-2005).]

W
It's my fault!

I have supplied Joe a free home for his site for the past two years. Joe's site has become so popular with all of his photos all over the internet that his bandwidth has been tremendious. This means the amount of people viewing his photos has reached more than 10 Gigabytes a month for some time now.
This is by no means too large for a web site to do but, it adds up with all of my other client's bandwidth to be quite large!
I asked Joe if there was something he could do to help me out to reduce the bandwidth issue. Joe's site is still on my server and will continue to be there. Joe has been wanting to do the cd photos for sometime now and this was what he decided.

Dave Nix
Grafixbynix.com Web Hosting

Dave
D
DougW Offline OP
Glad it's because the site is too popular, as opposed to litiginous reasons!

I, and I'm sure a lot of others miss Joe T's site. I thought my PC had a problem when I dropped over there a few weeks back, and couldn't 'get-in'.

Mr. T, after reading the above (Dave Nix) I guess I'm happy that it was a bandwidth/volume issue, and not a legal fiasco, or another reason.

Hopefully, everyone who went to your site will gravitate here to ECN.

Bill, can you handle the multitudes????

John

John
John,

I think we can squeeze in a few more ..

[Linked Image]

Bill
Please look here and see the new area, as I build this new site and add pictures as before:
www.joetedesco.org/

I have a link to ECN and will add more in between my trips and work schedules.

Joe Tedesco, NEC Consultant
Cat Servant
Joe,
Over the years you have re-formatted your site a number of times. I thought I'd take a minute and tell you what I'd like to see.

FINDING the appropriate image can be an issue. Perhaps you could group them by subject matter- even using the NEC layout as a guide (as well as other topics, such as 'transformers').

It's also nice to see a pic of "right" together with the "wrong."

TIME is another issue. I believe there is a need to also show how things used to be done....for example, how connections were made in the days before wire-nuts. Too often, the younger crowd gets all excited when they see something that's new to them, but obsolete to the rest of us. I.E....two wire romex, followed by reduced ground romex....followed by the full size ground that we use today.

Just a few thoughts.

Thanks renosteinke they are good suggestions. I will work on the site along those lines. I have many old calalogs and will take one with me this week while in Kentucky and Tennessee and capture a few old time fittings and devices to add.

Joe Tedesco, NEC Consultant
Administrator
FYI:

Some of the threads here at ECN referenced pictures on Joe Ts website and contributed to the Bandwidth issue being discussed.

Because these pictures are no longer available there are a number of threads particularly in the Violations area which are now 'incomplete' and will eventually be removed.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard