ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by gfretwell - 03/28/24 12:43 AM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (gfretwell), 32 guests, and 14 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#48440 02/15/05 09:15 PM
Steve:

Find out what they want to learn, and ask them to tell you what their previous code training included, if any.

Move around the room and DO NOT read the code word for word!

Show lots of pictures and ask for their comments and ask them a question often and before moving on, be sure to ask if everyone is clear.

At the breaks mingle in and answer any questions.

Tell them to visit this site when they need help or want to ask a question.

PS: Be careful not to embarrass or criticize anyone, and tell them that all questions are welcomed, but you have control and don't want to spend two hours talking about the way in which the ground prong should be installed!

Where will the classes be held?

Joe Tedesco, NEC Consultant
#48441 02/16/05 03:21 PM
S
Thanks Joe. Truly good advice from someone who knows. Thanks for taking the time. Mostly looking in western Kentucky right now.

Steve

#48442 02/18/05 05:36 PM
As Joe said...the first nite I write this site's web address on the whiteboard for the class. I give them info for the State Board; address, phone and web.

I teach Basic Electricity, and/or Basic Wiring at a County Vo-Tech, and Basic Electricity is a little dry. Ohm's Law, series, parallel, and series-parallel circuits, power, and Vd. I break it up a lot with discussion on everyday trade subjects, and throw in a video or two during the 13 nites. (Courtesey of Bussman)

I'm setting up a Power Point presentation for next semester, to reduce 'board time'.

John

John
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard