ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by gfretwell - 03/28/24 12:43 AM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 260 guests, and 20 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#47565 01/18/05 10:28 PM
Do you find humor on the job?

Today while working on an auto dealership, I saw a gust of wind come along and blow a saleman's hair off. He was talking to a couple when his hairpiece went a-flying. [Linked Image]
It made my day. I've been laughing ever since.

#47566 01/18/05 10:38 PM
E
I guess wind and auto dealerships don't go together. A few years ago, I was changing some 1000w MH bulbs on some of the poles when the wind blow the next pole right over. It fell into the street just missing a car. If it blew in any other direction, It would have hit a brand new Caddi ($$,$$$). Because no one was hurt, it was petty funny especially it had a brand new bulb ($60 our cost).

#47567 01/18/05 10:51 PM
N
eswets,
I’m surprised you were not blamed for the pole falling over after having just worked on it. I can hear it now, “It stood up just fine until that ‘lectrician worked on it.” [Linked Image]

#47568 01/18/05 10:55 PM
E
The base of the poles where all rusted away. they were in the prosess of getting quotes to replace them. Oddly enough, they asked use to fix the pole so they had all the lights on and working. So they paid us to get a welder to weld the base back on and set the pole back up.

The dealerships compete around us to see who can get there lot the brightest, at any cost.

#47569 01/18/05 11:24 PM
B
This is my latest version of 'funny'...

We ask Organization A, who holds our funding, to establish charge codes and allocate specific budget amounts to each code against which we will charge for our project.

Org A says to talk to individual in Org B (the mid-to-upper layers of our own Org). We talk to Org B who refers us to Org C to create charge codes in system. (I'm having to pause to recall who in the blazes I'm talking about....) Individual in Org C is a big wheel who delegates duty down to unknown person who actually creates the requested charge codes.

We celebrate the fulfillment of a request a meer 4 months after the initial request was made.

We celebrate too soon, it appears, as the codes have zero budget.

We contact the request-fulfiller who directs us to the Org B contact. Org B contact refers us to Org C big-wheel. Org C big-wheel refers us to.....ORG A! However, the recommendation is to allocate funding to Org B who will then allocate funding to Org D, Org E, and so on. Unfortunately, Org B has no authority to do so and is basically uninvolved except to provide OUR services.

Now I think I understand why I'm perpetually confused.

#47570 01/19/05 05:10 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
This was not on a job but happened while driving back to my office. Young guy in a nice, shiny, super clean little hot rod pick up shoots by me like I am standing still. He has the music cranked. I catch up to him at the next light and there is paint just pouring out of the bed of the pick up, going all over the back bumper and onto the street. So I pull up beside him and point to the back of his truck while laughing my rear off.

#47571 01/19/05 05:35 PM
P
I got a call from a school down in Washington DC saying that something was terribly wrong with the outlets in the office area. Breakers were blowing left and right and I needed to get there before they had a fire.

When we arrived on that hot sunny day, we found several rather large and sweaty ladies with HUGE window airconditioners sitting on their desks--- [Linked Image]

Power to the people
#47572 01/20/05 12:52 AM
E
e57 Offline
One Russian, and one Polish guy on the job, and they can't stop laughing most of the day. They tell jokes in either Russian, or Polish each speaks eachothers language, as well as english. I walk by, and they attempt to translate the jokes. 95% of the time, it just doesn't work, 5% of the time I can't I can't stand up straight for a few minutes.

Mark Heller
"Well - I oughta....." -Jackie Gleason
#47573 01/20/05 06:40 AM
Speaking of things flying Scott.....
I was doing some work in a local fast-food outlet here a few years back.
There was a guy at the counter ordering, when all of a sudden he let loose with a humungous sneeze and his top set of dentures shot out of his mouth and into the tray of fries. [Linked Image]
I wasn't quite sure wether to laugh or hurl.
I don't like people that don't put thier hand over thier mouth when they sneeze.
This could be why.

#47574 01/24/05 07:48 PM
L
This happened to me when adding a receptacle and cable jack in my master bedroom. I bought one of those brackets that you hang a television on and proceeded to mount it -all went well . Then I decided to add a receptacle and cable jack in the wall behind the tv.( 7' off floor) So I got my right angle drill, went to basement drilled into the wall, cut the end off the fishtape and worked it up through the insulation to the top plate inside the wall, go back up to the bedroom and cut out the drywall , reach in and feel around and pull out the fishtape, make a new hook on it, tie a string to the fishtape, go back to the basement and pull out the fishtape with the string on it cut the string roll up fishtape, all going great so far, roll out the romex and the coax, run them over some duct work and walls in the basement to where the string is hanging But now the string is gone! looked around but no string, went back up to the bedroom and when I got there my wifes cat had pulled the string out and was playing with it ! So I go back to the basement, unroll fishtape, push it up the wall, go back up to the bedroom, reach back into hole I cut in wall, pull out fishtape, tie string on to it, go back to the basement, start to pull the fishtape out but it only comes about 5' then stops, I pull on it again and it moves about 6" then it goes back up 6", I pull it again, and again it moves down 6" then back up 6". so I go back up to the bedroom and find the cat is sitting on top of my 4' ladder with the string in it's mouth. Everytime I pulled the fishtape down the cat pulled it back up ! All went well after I shut the cat down the basement with me.
Now I know why I am a dog person !

Be Smart and Do It Right

[This message has been edited by luckyshadow (edited 01-24-2005).]

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard