ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
UL 508A SPACING
by ale348 - 03/29/24 01:09 AM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (ale348), 302 guests, and 14 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
#47325 01/18/05 10:45 PM
R
Zapped, I must ask one question and then I think we should all move on.

I am not calling the inspector behind bosses back.
Why, if it would save a person (worst case scenario a child) from being injured or killed?

Roger

#47326 01/19/05 06:50 AM
Z
I will update here on the finish.

Shoot first, apologize later.....maybe
#47327 08/05/05 07:40 PM
Z
Well........finally almost finished with this house,( is there such a thing?), I myself installed a blank cover on the box at the jacuzzi.
H.O. has not said anything yet. they moved in 2 weeks ago. Still have 5 or6 hanging Fixtures to hang. Was a slow project, thats why I hate big houses.

Shoot first, apologize later.....maybe
#47328 08/05/05 08:34 PM
L
LK Offline
Just yesterday my forman, rich comes to me and said, i was asked to look at the bathroom on that hill street job, and they have two wall mounted lights feed with zip cord mounted in the tub area, they said the GC's electrician told them no problem, what do you want me to do?
I want you to rip them out, and remove boxes and cable, i will deal with the homeowner.

But the tile will be damaged,

Rip it out!

#47329 08/05/05 09:03 PM
Cat Servant
I think Les is on the right track here....I once came across track lights mounted on the tub area wall, 5 ft above the rim of the tub. While I was hired to "make the switches work right," those track lights came down lickety-split. Then I explained the problem to the homeowner....who was amazed that the "home inspector" who went over the home had missed something like that!

Zapped, I think most of us have lost jobs at least once for refusing to do something inane. It's part of life- sometimes you have to risk it all! There will be a tomorrow!

Amazing what gets counted as "ethics" these days. For example- I never hesitate to "drop a dime" when there's something serious happining. Am I "ratting out" someone....Not as I see things. What I am doing is calling the authorities- whose salary I pay, so I figure they're working for me!- and asking them to do their jobs. That's what I pay them for. The only ones who seem to think this is wrong are the ones who think it's OK for them to break the law.....I have a name for such folks....I call them 'criminals.' Why should I care what a criminal thinks of me?

A "helper" has no business running a job. He just doesn't have either the knowledge or the experience to do so. A boss who asks him to do so is derelct in his duties.

Changes after the inspection? That's either poor planning, or a deliberate attempt to slip something past.

You deserve to learn the trade from a better boss. You certainly deserve a better customer. I'd say it's time for a new job!

Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard