ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat Box
Recent Posts
What does your work place look like?
by HotLine1 - 11/23/20 03:35 PM
Where is Everyone?
by Lostazhell - 11/21/20 04:17 AM
Ground fault remover :-)
by dsk - 11/21/20 02:47 AM
Work Gloves?
by gfretwell - 11/20/20 10:17 PM
Reverse-feeding transformer in PV system?
by winnie - 11/19/20 06:49 AM
New in the Gallery:
Facebook follies, bad wiring
FPE in Germany pt.2
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (HotLine1), 18 guests, and 13 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
CS6369 recep #46905 01/05/05 04:23 PM
Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 138
royta Offline OP
A customer has a coffee cart which needs to plug into a 50A 120/240V 3 pole 4 wire CS6369 recep . I want to install the recep in (as opposed to surface mount) an interior finished wall. The building is wood framed and has a dropped ceiling. I will be passing through fire walls, so my plan was to run conduit from the panel, and then terminate to flex where it will go down the wall. I want the installation to not be an eyesore if the cart is not at the location, so the recep should probably be covered by either a weather proof cover or a standard cover like HERE (top three pictures) . However, these covers mount to an FS or FD box. My plan was to remove enough sheetrock at the recep location to install a 4S deep box w/ brackets. If I knew the coffee cart would be plugged in 100% of the time, with no chance of the customer deciding selling coffee isn't working out, I'd simply install a box cover, like the HBL50SC shown at the bottom of the above page. However, I'm not sure what to do from there. I can't use a standard single gang mud ring, because it won't have the four corner screw holes required for the cover. Does anybody have any suggestions for a clean installation?

Work Gear for Electricians and the Trades
Re: CS6369 recep #46906 01/05/05 07:59 PM
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 886
hbiss Offline
Looks like the receptacle will mount to a single gang mud ring and will take a standard single gang plate with two screws. Anything for an FS or FD box then isn't going to work. How about a deep single gang in-use cover? Do they make one with that hole size?


Re: CS6369 recep #46907 01/05/05 09:07 PM
Joined: Sep 2002
Posts: 892
NORCAL Offline
Does it have to be a locking receptacle, or can you use a 10-50R straight blade device?Then no problems mounting a flush device, and a lot cheaper too.

Re: CS6369 recep #46908 01/05/05 09:19 PM
Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 132
mhulbert Offline
I'm 99% sure that an Appleton #FSK-SBA will do the job for you. It mounts to a 1 gang plaster ring, and has holes for their FS/FD covers. I'm not sure if the holes are the same for the covers you reference from Hubbell, that's why I say 99% sure!

Check out page B-10 in this PDF:

Good Luck!

Re: CS6369 recep #46909 01/06/05 12:36 AM
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 2,527
Bjarney Offline
At the link below, look at HBL77CM74WO or HBL7774WO WET-LOCATION covers and HBL7349 adapter plate, which seems to be for plain-vanilla 1-gang flush boxes. Looks like a little silicone caulk under the adapter plate may be needed. Gasket on the 77*74 plate should seal the front of the adapter plate.

I wouldn’t hesitate to ring up Hubbell Wiring Device in CT to get verification of the right “fit.” lists Customer Service (203)882-4900 Technical Service (203)882-4820

{I’ll take a quad-shot mocha with triple Scharffen Berger 70% Bittersweet and a double of Altadena heavy whipping cream.}

PS: “CS” in the Hubbell part number actually means “California Special.”

[This message has been edited by Bjarney (edited 01-06-2005).]

Re: CS6369 recep #46910 01/06/05 02:34 AM
Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 138
royta Offline OP
Thanks for the help everybody.

Bjarney - Those covers were the ones I was actually looking at. It doesn't need to be weather proof (the recep will be installed in an interior wall), I just feel a closed cover will look the cleanest. I doubt the building owner will want to look at a CS6369 receptacle if the coffee business doesn't work out for the tenant. The description for the HBL7342 does not mention for use with any of the covers I was thinking of using. Hopefully the description is filled with typos. I'll give Hubbell a call tomorrow.

mhulbert - The Appleton FSK-SBA looks like it "should" work perfect. I'll certainly look into that.

Re: CS6369 recep #46911 01/17/05 02:06 PM
Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 138
royta Offline OP
I believe I will just use a 5S box and a Hubbell HBL50SC (bottom of page) cover. If the coffee business doesn't work out and the building owners don't want an ugly receptacle there, they can call me up and I'll remove the receptacle and put a blank cover over the box.


2020 National Electrical Code
2020 National Electrical
Code (NEC)

* * * * * * *

2020 Master Electrician Exam Preparation Combos
2020 NEC Electrician
Exam Prep Combos:
Master / Journeyman


Member Spotlight
Atomic City, ID USA
Posts: 803
Joined: October 2004
Show All Member Profiles 
Top Posters(30 Days)
Trumpy 9
Popular Topics(Views)
271,880 Are you busy
205,739 Re: Forum
193,850 Need opinion
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.3