ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 345 guests, and 27 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Administrator
They caught mostly rainbow trout and a couple of brown trout.

Thanks,
BuggabooBren, Cody's mom
[Linked Image]

B
Air fishing!!! I love it!!!

M
well, as you can tell by the name I like to fish for mako shark, I fish out of ocean city md. also fish for yellow fin tuna and dolfin,, yum yum, and it is nice to snag a nice white marlin too.... I won the mako tournament in 2001 with a 268lb mako, nice days work...

Trumpy Offline OP
Bren,
All the best of luck to Cody, my friend.
We are heading out on a sea-faring boat this weekend for some Snapper and a bit of Deep Sea Blue Cod.
As any EC/fisherman will agree here, it's not the fishing, it's the relaxation and the time away from land.
Nothing settles you down like fishing does.
That could be why us guys have stuck with it all these years.
Fishing Rules!!. [Linked Image]

Never went boat fishing after a scare in the Western Channel, fishing out of Brixham in 1979, for the winter cod run. An ill-omen before we embarked, as the boat we, (the New Inn Sea-Angling and Gentlemens' Ale-Swilling Club), had originally chartered was now resting peacefully on the bottom out there somewhere, after her winches pulled her under with the nets snagged in a wreck, ( probably a WWII bomber, there are hundreds out there which didn't quite make it back). We'd hardly cleared the lee off Berry head when it blew up rough, and I mean rough, Channel style, straight off the Atlantic. Skip had to keep her bow into the seas, so we ploughed on unable to turn back. Eventually, it eased enough for us to turn, one second cresting enormous Atlantic waves, the next at the bottom of a huge dark grey pit in the ocean. Sick? I never knew you could be so ill, or turn so green! The skipper and crew treated it like a quick trip up the Thames from the Embankment! "T'was only a bitty squoorll", says skipper in his Devon burl, and most of the daft 'app'orths ( halfpennyworth, a cretin ) went out again! Not me and Jummy, we went 'trawling' for a pub, and found us a nice wooden settle by a roaring fire with a couple of pints of the landlord's best medicinal ale, followed by fish and chips, mushy peas, bread and butter and a mug of tea to replenish our digestive tracts.
I got some beach casting gear after that!
Alan

[This message has been edited by Alan Belson (edited 08-16-2005).]

Wood work but can't!
G
I guess this is high time to tell your summer tales, NZ and Australia. [Linked Image]

The world is full of beauty if the heart is full of love
M
Hi,
Just went through the postings, best reading for anybody having a bad day and I don't fish.

thanks,
Ken

ken
E
Reading all these fine posts, reminds me of when I was about 10. Dad took me out saltwater fishing dropped the lines down to the bottom and then pulled them back up a few spins of the reel. After a couple hours out on the boat, my line got a hit.

Dad had to help me real it in! Was a Red Snapper - I was the happiest kid alive - it was huge! It was almost as long as I was tall...

When we got home, Dad fileted it and Mom made a batter dipped it and we had the best fish and chips ever!!!

Also enjoyed fishing for trout - both from a boat in the summer and from the ice in the winter. Done a little fly fishing also.

Great memories! Thanks Trumpy

M
Trumpy,

Just wanted to say good website. I'm glad I found it.
Ken

ken
G
I went to my favourite place Sunday to cool down a bit (35C).

There was a little, narrow island "tongue" in the lake, I choose that place to stay for a while and sunbath.
The water was great, I wish I was there now.

When I went back, on the little bridge hung a sign, saying: "we are fishing, do not disturb".
I tought, if I'm the faster, I'll put out a sign next time: "I'm sunbathing, do not disturb". [Linked Image]

The world is full of beauty if the heart is full of love
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard