ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
UL 508A SPACING
by ale348 - 03/29/24 01:09 AM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (ale348), 302 guests, and 14 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
P
Fishing and ice fishing are a real big part of my leisure time. I fish from a canoe for brook trout, landlocked salmon, and smallmouth bass. I'm smack dab in the middle of the state of Maine, and surrounded by ponds of all kinds.

I love fly fishing, but don't get out and do it as much as I did 20 yrs. ago. Tie flies also. Love to wade and fish rivers with dry flies for trout and salmon, but this means traveling a hundred miles for quality fishing, and that makes it hard.

Built my first ice shanty last winter, a 4 ft by 8 ft shack that allows me to stay warm on the ice.

Fishing is a real great sport, a good stress reliever!

L
Fish story:
When I was in the Air Force a southern boy (staff Sargent) asked me what the biggest bass I had ever caught. I said #60 he said bull shi$$ I responded born and raised in San Diego 12yrs old, day boat off the coast, Black Sea Bass. He did not say what kind of bass. Put me in the Old Boy's club. He never forgave me...It was worth it. Rod
biggest fish #182 marlin
biggest fresh water #23 Salmon
best fighting fish #23 Steelhead.
best eating bluegill
most caught catfish/crappie
most fun walleye. (maybe do to the Schnapps)
Rod

G
Red Drum, spotted seatrout & flounder, are king in my part of the world. As far as the best eating, a fresh caught flounder is hard to beat. Used to fresh water fish years ago, but haven't been in a while. When I quit fishing in the fall, I pick-up deer hunting, dove shooting, and end the year duck hunting. Start all over in the spring beginning with Turkey hunting.

L
LK Offline
We also like to fish our rivers and the sea here, it usually requires some schedule changes, to balance the work load, https://www.electrical-contractor.net/ubb/Forum5/HTML/001033.html

G
Hi Mike & all!

When I was young, we used to spend two weeks of the summer by the lake Balaton. That is the best place in Hungary, and we were fishing there a lot! Usually with sweetcorn and we took some bream, small carp (USA:blackhead minnow), and other small fish. They are very tasty, but full of fishbone. :~)))

The world is full of beauty if the heart is full of love
G
LOL, Electure!

G
Hi All!

Just been out fishing yesterday, and this fella was the first, we waited only for an hour for it. The bigger came after, but we weren't able to keep it for food, so we let it go free.
http://w3.externet.hu/~alterego/Beaf/Peti.jpg

my b/f is on the pic, (beside the fish)

I
Trumpy,
I agree we need to teach our kids to apprciate fishing. My little girl loves it, only thing is it's kind of embarrasing to out fished by a 9 year old. [Linked Image]

B
Cody, 10, just went fishing this past weekend. Photo to follow (via email). He had a lot of fun as you can tell!

G
We get out in the boat almost every day but I am really just a fish watcher.
I used to fish a lot.
My wife says I am "air fishing" when I see that big snook cruising the edges of the mangrove and throw an immaginary "spook" at it.
I would probably let it go anyway.

Greg Fretwell
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard