ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 96 guests, and 10 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
L
HI, SORRY FOR THE TITLE BUT MUST BE USE INSTEAD OF SUE AND I DID NOT HAVE A WAY TO EDIT, WELL , I AM IN PLEASANT HILL, CA 945423 AND I ALWAYS INSTALL THE FEED WIRES FROM THE ELECTRIC UTILITY SUPPLIER THROUGH A RIDGID CONDUIT PIPE OF 2 INCES WITH A 200 AMPS . BUT I FOUND IN A HOUSE OF A FRIEND THAT AN ELECTRICIAN JUST PUT THIS FEED WIRES WITH A SCHEDULE 40 PLASTIC PIPE .
THIS IS A PROVISIONAL POWER WHILE THE HOUSE IS ON CONSTRUCTION BUT I AM NOT SURE IF HE CAN DO THAT BECAUSE IF A TRUCK OR CONCRETE TRUCK OR WHATEVER HITS THE POLE , WOULD BE A BIG DEAL, LET ME KNOW THANKS

LUIS SILVA SANTISTEBAN

(Company Name and Contact info removed)

[This message has been edited by Webmaster (edited 09-26-2004).]

LUIS SILVA SANTISTEBAN
CALIFORNIA GENERAL BUILDING AND ELECTRICAL CONTRACTOR 770370 HIC
MEMBER OF BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU
925 705 0856
S
You can pretty much sue anybody you want to. Whether you can prevail at trial in another question altogether.

B

If this is a temporary electric service, typcially the serving utility {PG&E?} will specify minimum overhead service-riser and underground service-lateral requirements—as long as code minimums {possibly with local amendments} are met.

I believe that non-metallic raceway for the application has been generally recognized acceptable in your region for a could of decades.

You may find applicable drawings and specs at www.pge.com

O
Arround here if it has to do with utility,you go by there requirements.We have PGE,PPL & Salem Electric.Each There requirements alot of the time are different.Especially with the rednecks at Pacific Power.

C
If this is an overhead PG&E service, non-metallic conduit is the preferred method. If you use metal conduit you are required to cover it with plastic U-channel or 1 ½” thick wood. If this is an underground service rigid metal conduit or sch 80 PVC is required.

Customer Owned Pole Requirements

Curt Swartz
L
Thanks for the reply, and especially to caselec for the information, other guys, i appreciate your interes and help
Good luck
Luis

LUIS SILVA SANTISTEBAN
CALIFORNIA GENERAL BUILDING AND ELECTRICAL CONTRACTOR 770370 HIC
MEMBER OF BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU
925 705 0856

Link Copied to Clipboard