ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 184 guests, and 12 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
G
But if that light bulb is in a walk in closet does it have to be AFCI protected? Would you give me the code citation please?

Ok. How many electrically-qualified persons does it take to change a light bulb in a walk-in closet?
Dozens, but it's a hypothetical question, since there will be too many to get them in there all at once.
Hey! good fun trying though, especially if you have a couple female apprentices! [Linked Image]
Alan

Wood work but can't!
Paul,
Q. How many MicroSoft employees does it take to change a lightbulb?

A. None. Bill Gates just defines darkness as the new industry standard.
LOL, I never saw this one in the original post.
Rings true though!. [Linked Image]

Mulling over in my mind about the maquis (French Resistance), in my post above, reminded me of when I met two of the real thing in 1972 in Vire, Normandy: Henri and Albert d' Agneaux, brothers, now sadly probably passed on - they must have been 70+ then. Albert had got caught and sent to prison in 1944 but was saved when the GIs arrived, Henri getting away by sailing a dinghy to England. One evening, over several verres de calvados ( and most of my bottle of duty free scotch! ), Henri reminisced over their exploits making 'black-powder' bombs and derailing bosch trains. Next morning hanging over,( in all senses) bols de cafe, the two insisted they would show Denise and I how it was done. We went to a small paddock in the bocage, where Albert drilled a 2" hole deep into the bole of a felled oak, while Henri gave instructions. The whole of a bag of powder went into the hole, followed by a rammed newspaper and a fuse. There then followed a short voluable argument on how much fuse was needed, till Albert deftly cut it off 1" from the stump with his baccy knife! Immediately, Henri lit it and shouted "Allez!!" I have never lived down being overtaken by two seventy year olds and a slip of a girl, ( I was 31 ish then ) and we barely got 50 yards when it went off! The stump took off in two massive chunks, sailed over the bocage hedge and landed in the rural lane, taking out the phone line, this damage to public property being given the 'gallic shrug'! We shook as much earth out of our scalps as possible and, terrified, made our excuses and left! - but the two old buggers had their blood up! From the safety of the old farmhouse we heard the 'crump' of several tree-stumps being uprooted, till they came back flushed and ready for their lunch!
[Linked Image]
Alan

Wood work but can't!
B
Great tale, Alan! This is the type of story that makes history worth recording, in my opinion! Thanks!

T
Hey! good fun trying though, especially if you have a couple female apprentices!
You got what??? Never seen one all my life! And the girls at the elestrical engineering school are mostly "beware"!

Tex,

How many Austrian electricians does it take to change a light bulb in a walk-in closet?

Why, dozens, all male, because many Hans make light work!

As far as the girls at the Electrical Engineeering School are concerned,...(wait for it!)... "Look Ma! No Hans'!"

Sorry!!! [Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image]

Alan

Wood work but can't!
B
:| groan...
[Linked Image]

Hey Paul, do you mind if I copy this joke over to another forum I belong to?
Ian A.

Is there anyone on board who knows how to fly a plane?
P
pauluk Offline OP
Hey Paul, do you mind if I copy this joke over to another forum I belong to?

Go right ahead. I "borrowed" it from elsewhere to begin with! [Linked Image]

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard