ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by gfretwell - 03/28/24 12:43 AM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (gfretwell), 32 guests, and 14 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#40236 07/15/04 10:17 PM
D
Dave_D Offline OP
hello to the group. I have been assigned as foreman for a corporate office building. The building is going to be constructed of Tilt Up Panels that are built on site on top of the slab. The panels will be the finished interior walls of the building thus I have 78 boxes and related piping to install into these panels.

I am looking for suggestions, hints, or recommendations from those of you that have delt with these types of panels before. I need help mainly in the methods that you used to secure your raceway piping and boxes to the panels to hold them plumb and level to the finished side of the panel face.

Any help would be great appreciated. You may leave your comments here or if you wish email me directly at k0pwo@comcast.net

Thanks for your time.

Dave

#40237 07/16/04 12:01 AM
S
I've had the misfortune of spending way too much time in some of those buildings.

It appears that all the power is routed above the dropped ceilings, and comes down poles into modular office systems. Conference rooms have at least two or three internal walls, which are made with metal studs, and are also fed from the ceilings.

#40238 07/16/04 08:42 AM
E
RedDot (T&B) makes a nice conduit hub for this purpose. We would just nail the boxes to the form and tie-wire the pipes to the re-bar , then flush cut the nails after the forms were stripped. Pre-fab as much as possible to save time.

Earl

Link Copied to Clipboard