ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
Recent Posts
AC-DC stage Ultra-Fast charger, how it's made?
by libellis - 06/25/22 12:17 PM
Childrens safety outlets
by HotLine1 - 06/25/22 10:22 AM
Your favourite food?
by NORCAL - 06/16/22 12:06 AM
Price action trading with RENKO
by gfretwell - 06/15/22 02:08 PM
Please Help Wiring DCDC Buck Converter
by gfretwell - 06/15/22 01:58 PM
New in the Gallery:
240/208 to a house
240/208 to a house
by wa2ise, October 9
Now you know.
Now you know.
by Tom_Horne, September 7
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 28 guests, and 19 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 84
donles Offline OP
I'm upgrading a service and running new 2" pvc through the foundation wall. The panel is actually a subpanel because the main is pole-mounted 150' from the dwelling. If I run pvc straight to the sidewall of the panel enclosure (what's a better name for this?) it is an area populated with 1/2 KO's, closed of course and not likely to be used in the future. I'd like to locate a 2" conduit hole in this area. Is this kosher? I could make the hole and sandwich ko reducers to avoid having the smaller ko's drop out or to cover the holes in case they do.
My other option is to offset higher up on the side with 45's.
I'm going to look this up to see if the NEC specifically addresses it.

[This message has been edited by donles (edited 07-08-2004).]

[This message has been edited by donles (edited 07-08-2004).]

Joined: Aug 2003
Posts: 1,374
I would say do it with reducing washers and you'll be fine. [Linked Image]

Ryan Jackson,
Salt Lake City
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 98
Sounds like you need a Electrician.

Joined: Nov 2003
Posts: 269
He is one according to his profile.

Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 558
What size wire are you going to be pulling? It sounds like you are planning on entering the panel (loadcenter) opposite the branch circuit breaker area. If that is the case there isn’t enough wire bending room for large wire. You should either offset the conduit to enter the top or bottom of the side or install a pull can beside the panel to offset the wire into the correct area of the panel.

Edited to add NEC reference. See 408.35


[This message has been edited by caselec (edited 07-08-2004).]

Curt Swartz
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 84
donles Offline OP
Ryan_J and caselec

Thank you for your opinions and the code reference. I'll use 45's.

This forum is a pleasure to read and take part in due to helpful and considerate members such as you. That is true 99% of the time.
'nuf said.

Link Copied to Clipboard

Tools for Electricians
Tools for Electricians

* * * * * * *

2020 Master Electrician Exam Preparation Combos
2020 NEC Electrician
Exam Prep Combos:
Master / Journeyman


Member Spotlight
CA, Inland Empire
Posts: 43
Joined: September 2013
Top Posters(30 Days)
Trumpy 7
triple 3
dobler 2
Asset 2
Popular Topics(Views)
292,910 Are you busy
224,940 Re: Forum
210,368 Need opinion
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.5