ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 96 guests, and 10 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
#38331 05/29/04 10:39 AM
Bomzin,
I could almost feel the hand slap my face, if I came out with a cheap line like that over here.
Besides not many women here wear shorts.
CDN_Electrician, that is the best post of support to a fellow EC that I have seen in a while.
Take a bow John!. [Linked Image]

#38332 05/31/04 08:29 PM
B
Meant no disrespect what-so-ever. Just trying to get alittle smile maybe. Been doing this for 10+ years as mostly a service man, only used the line once. That was on my brothers wife. [Linked Image] She just laughed having also come from an electrical family.

GT I do feel your pain, hang in there bud loosing best freinds is one of the hardest things to deal with. I've had to go through it twice now. Best freind growing up from Kindergarted, our birthdays were actually on the same day. Lost him to a motorcycle reck at the age of 19. My next one was a long time freind in the trade, lived a block away , we were very tight.

Lossing somebody will definately make you think about your own mortality not to mention send you into a deep depression. It's alright to be pissy for awhile.I was, most just stayed out of my way the last go around as I was not a happy man.

Just hang in there things will get better. I'm not to far behind you on age and was starting to feel the effects of the job. The best thing I ever did was to start an exercise program. We do get a work out at times, but it's not the right kind of exercise. Also stretching, can't enfisize stretching enough. Man was my back sore. No more I tell ya, no more heavy lifting good stretching and some exercise.

Join a local gym, make a new freind or two , who know you just may run into a cutie. When she finds out you are an electrician, she may just ask you over to check her shorts. [Linked Image]

Neil

#38333 06/01/04 08:57 AM
C
so we all know now that there is no such thing as a perfect job!

Like iwire said,,,,he keeps a photo of family to help him past the butt whipe cus... good idea....

i dont have a photo in my truck or wallet, but i see the photos of 2 daughters, one son, 5 grandkids ages 7months to 9yrs(4girls, and one cowboy).....thats reason enough to stay away from home for 12 hours a day LOL...

for the longest i told the wife,,,,soon, it will just be me and you to feed,,,, WRONG!!

why do grandkids cost more than reg. kids? damn, the grand daughters are not cheap LOL and talk about twist you around their fingers,,,,,

but, all that aside, after starting at age 8 running wire in attics etc. for my dad, i dont think i would want another trade!

hope all had a good memorial weekend.

#38334 06/01/04 09:04 AM
G
You know what i still wish i got a universty degree,but as far as trades go ,this is pbobaly the best.I just traded a little bit of work for some boat supplies.

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard