ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
UL 508A SPACING
by ale348 - 03/29/24 01:09 AM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (Scott35), 366 guests, and 10 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
#38321 05/22/04 06:26 AM
And another thing GETELECTRIC,
If you were un-educated, you sure as hel wouldn't have enough smarts to be an Electrician.
Or to log on to ECN.
C'mon, don't beat yourself down, mate,if you do that the battle is already lost!.
We all have our up's and downs, but it is the strong one that learns to work through them!.
And Remember this Guys, no matter how bad things get, there is ALWAYS a person in a worse situation than YOU!, just remember that fact!. [Linked Image]
Take care. [Linked Image]

[This message has been edited by Trumpy (edited 05-22-2004).]

#38322 05/22/04 08:57 AM
G
You know what i was just bitchin for the sake of bitchin,i just have to suck it up.
Jusr found out an old friend committed suicide last week so i feel a little guilty about my rant.
thanks for the inspiring words.

#38323 05/22/04 11:43 AM
B
GET, we all need a place to let off steam once in a while, else you might end up in the place where people opt for drastic actions like your poor friend. Don't carry that guilt, be glad that you've unloaded the intense frustration here where it could be given air time and handed back to you in more palatable form. [Linked Image]

I'll say a prayer for the comfort of your friend's loved ones and for each of us here to cope with the downs while we enjoy the upside of our path.

Lord knows I've had plenty of both and honestly, I give thanks and don't begrudge the valleys as they've shaped me into the woman I am today with more compassion, strength and character (along with a few dings in the frame and odd quirks in the controller, no doubt).

Chin up and give that guy in the mirror the same grace and latitude you give others.

#38324 05/22/04 04:55 PM
J
sometimes i will get mad in work have customers who just constantly bug you (trying to keep it clean) ,get down because of the cold weather in winter, but there is one thing that keeps me on my toes and out that door each morning and thats other peoples jobs eg soldiers on the front line,police constant abuse,fire fighters risking there lives for there wage.

im not trying to sound smart because i know exacly the kind of day you have had, there's not one person in the forum who will not have them!!!!

just keep on going mate [Linked Image]

#38325 05/22/04 08:10 PM
A
hey boys,I'm 61 years young and still out in the field love the trade. dont be so down about it. Yo know what life's yo serious to take it serious.Lern to laugh at yourselvs as well as others.

#38326 05/23/04 04:41 PM
D
Sorry about your friend.

Don't feel guilty about ranting... ECN is the world's biggest "Back Bumper"...

Just gotta "ver-choo-alley" imagine us sittin around ya, smokin' (if ya got 'em), chewin' donut's and laughin' or cryin' with ya.

It's what we're here for.!

(Now if only I could get "ver-choo-al" apprentices to haul the heavy stuff for me [Linked Image] )

#38327 05/23/04 09:34 PM
A
AMP Offline
try working in a factory on a damn assembly line making the same parts day after day. i've done the factory work for several years and i hate it. you stand in one spot for 10 hours a day and after you've been on a job long enough, you start daydreaming your day away.i did my job the same regardless if i was sick, tired, or felt great. it didn't matter. i decided to become an electrician because of several reasons:
i want to stand back and see the work i have done at the end of the day.
i want to be able to move around and see new people and new things.
i like to be challenged mentally and physically.
i like to be able to show up at someone's house and fix their problems.
there's good and bad to all jobs....it's just what you make of it.

#38328 05/25/04 08:32 AM
C
Hey GETELECTRIC

I'm from the Toronto area also.

Feel free to drop me a line (my email is in my profile).

Maybe we can rant and rave about the issues in the Toronto area together.

Chin up.

John

#38329 05/25/04 08:42 PM
B
Today I was wishing I was a) gorgeous and graceful enough to be a supermodel, or b) smart enough to know better than to develop MS Access databases when someone is hovering over your shoulder waiting on the results, or c) big and burly enough to run off anyone who entered my cubicle.

Mostly, I was wishing that I would awaken from my nightmare of flying my desk and find myself on the beaches of my own private island while my money doubled or tripled on its own.....

#38330 05/29/04 09:20 AM
B
Look at it this way, what other job can you knock on the door and when that big busty blonde opens up the door you throw out the line "Hello I'm here to check your shorts." [Linked Image]

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard