ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 376 guests, and 7 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
W
Not new guy, but I have not posted in a while! I went backwards in the tech world. [Linked Image]
From broadband to dial-up. Kicking SCREAMIN!!!! [Linked Image] All the way! Did not even get on line for about 3 months. Except when absolutly necessary, Thank you Kinkos.

Lots of new members and a couple of new moderators it's no suprise though, if this is my favorite site I'm sure other people enjoy it too. Welcome to all.
Bill

T
Hello all. My name is Tommy, I am from the Dallas/Ft.Worth area. I have been in the field about 12 years. Texas finally got it together and we now have state license. Just receive my Journeyman a few weeks ago. They let anyone who held a city license grandfather theirs to a state license. Anyway this looks like a pretty neat place to discuss what we go thru in a days work. Looking forward to talking to guy.

Tommy

D
I spent my time as an apprentice and Journeyman in the residential/commercial/industrial world: Now I'm working as a maintenance electrician in a large machine shop: lots of drives, PLC's and loads of control issues as well as new construction and new machine hookups/moves/ etc. Always looking for opportunities to learn more.

S
Hello all my name is chad i have been working in the trade since i was a freshman in HS, many moons ago. have stayedb in the trade as it has had a magical pull on me worked for many different companies., some bad some good, all major learning experiences. am currently in minnesot doing the residential minor ind/commercial work specialize in log homes and being a fulltime student Electrician-industrial maint-and telecomm engineer are the 3 degrees currently under way. have accumulated enough hours to hopefully write the journemans this next year.started wiring cat2 structured network and 500 mcm on the same job went to fiber when the tele Co started and now love thhn and ridgid pipe. life does sure change in 12 years will be 30 in 21 daysand pray for many more as good as the last 29. thanks for those here willing to teach us "newbies" [Linked Image]

E
Hey all,
I ran across the write up in EC&M, and remembered that I haven't been around much, if at all, in the last year or so.
My name is Greg, I'm 27 y/o from New Martinsville West Virginia, and the owner of an electrical contracting business with my dad. We have been Hughes Electric for almost 3 years now, and are doing quite well. We have 2 employees, both talented young men, who are licenced in the state of WV. We do mostly residental and light commercial work, and have been blessed with meny customers spreading the word to their friends... word of mouth is the best advertising there is. Attention to detail and quality work will get you every where. It has done wonders for us.
I have been in this line of work for about 10 years, and my dad has been for over 35 years.
I hope to be around the site more now, there really is lots of useful stuff to be found... Take care all...

Greg, AKA ElectricWonder, AKA DieselCrawler

Great!!

Welcome aboard (and Welcome back) people!!

Anyone else want to step up??

c'mon ..

[Linked Image]
Bill

Bill
J
hello all. nice to come here cool site. but a little about myself im from ohio now living in kentucky doing electrical work looking to get licensed..........and eventually go out on my own.

E
I was once a new member so now it is my turn to say welcome aboard!

John
S
Thanks for the welcome, hello all. Haven't had the time or patience for this in the past, but am trying. We're a small northern Illinois firm specializing in mostly remodeling/ service work. The last few days of reading all these topic postings has really helped me guage my knowledge, squarely in the bottom half! But this site is top drawer, think im hooked.

Nice to hear from you!

[Linked Image]
Bill

Bill
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard