ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
UL 508A SPACING
by ale348 - 03/29/24 01:09 AM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (ale348), 302 guests, and 14 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Admin Offline OP
Administrator
Paul mentioned that he's gotten email recently that appeared to be from an address at ECN and had an attachment. I've seen similar emails myself.

If you get something like that DON'T OPEN IT!

They probably contain a virus. We have no reason to send files to people unannounced period!

Yes I had one of these the other day,
I just sent it to the Trash can instantly.
I've been around ECN long enough to know this.
Take care guys, one slip up and you have a virus on your hands. [Linked Image]

I
I would like to meet these pieces of @#*% in person that create these programs, I am sure I could make them feel less 'cool'.

I got nailed with one of these, most times I have my untrusting eye open, but I saw refereces to this site along with a trusted member.

So stupidly I opened the attachment. [Linked Image]

That PC is very sick now, I hope I will recover my photos from it.

On the good side it was a good excuse to upgrade to a newer PC. [Linked Image]

I got a great deal on 'last weeks' model.

PC, Monitor & Printer $550.00, of course I have to wait for $300 of that to come back to me in rebates.

Bob

Bob Badger
Construction & Maintenance Electrician
Massachusetts
Unless I can absolutely tell the source, I won't open an e-mail attachment.

One of these little devils got into "sparky"'s computer a while back and e-mailed all of us on his mailing list. The text said "I'd like your opinion on this".
It didn't "sound" like him, so I didn't open it. Others did, though, and it ran through the group multiplying like rabbits.
It sent bills from his 'puter to people he'd never done work for, etc.

If you can't absolutely be sure who it came from, forget it. Trash it.

Bob, congrats on the new 'puter. Too bad it had to be under those circumstances. (Don't hold your breath for the rebate. You'll turn blue. They're usually very slow to send them)

Broom Pusher and
Haven't received any of these lately - but was a bi-weekly thing a few months ago.

FYI: I did send out a message to some ECN members tonight - regarding my E-mail address, so if you receive this message, feel comfortable that it is indeed from me!
It might contain text as an attachment - depending on your mail software.

To verify or question it, feel free to contact me at the following "spelled-out" address:

setelectric at pacbell dot net

Scott35

Scott " 35 " Thompson
Just Say NO To Green Eggs And Ham!
T
Haven't received any "ECN" phony e-mails, but within the past few weeks, my anti-virus software has picked up at least 15 or so infected e-mails.

Those are the ones that actually make it through the server. Anything with .exe, .pif, etc. automatically gets deleted before I even see it.

W
I got a call from someone who said they were from ECN right after I signed up. They said they wanted my mothers maiden name so they could verify my idenity. I refused of course. I still wonder if it was legitimate.

Admin Offline OP
Administrator
I got a call from someone who said they were from ECN right after I signed up. They said they wanted my mothers maiden name so they could verify my idenity. I refused of course. I still wonder if it was legitimate.
ABSOLUTELY NOT!!!

Nope, This doesn't even sound plausible. How would we get your phone number from the meager amount of info given at signup?

Link Copied to Clipboard