ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (Scott35), 475 guests, and 15 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#35509 03/12/04 05:42 PM
B
I'm with Ron & Bill... just finished making grilled cheese sammiches & chicken noodle soup for the clones, er, I mean kids.

We haven't found a suitable substitute for Chicken McNuggets so if anyone has a brand from the grocery store that is similar (nevermind better... kids have no tastebuds unless there's a whole marketing machine that tells them what's delicious and what's not). Our McDive was closed due to a number of 'issues' and frankly....

I'M THRILLED!!! [Linked Image]

In my neck of the woods we seem to have a wealth of Mexican food, a couple sandwich shops and some Chinese food choices. We've recently seen an influx of Japanese options with 2 restaurants serving primarily sushi but (for a price) also have other Japanese fare. It's a small town so the diversity is not too bad and there's world-class dining within 50 miles or so.

#35510 03/12/04 06:27 PM
J
I want to eat at Fred's.

#35511 03/12/04 07:28 PM
W
Mexican food and steak houses.

Went out with the wife for our 25th last month. A nice upper end steak house. I had the 22 oz. sirloin, salad and baked patato.

A 1' thick medium rare slice of happiness.
I'm drooling on the keyboard thinking about it.

#35512 03/12/04 07:40 PM
R
I hate to say it, but I'm with GETELECTRIC on this one. [Linked Image]

Ryan Jackson,
Salt Lake City
#35513 03/12/04 09:27 PM
L
I'm gonna go with what Fred's menu says.

#35514 03/13/04 06:54 AM
Trumpy Offline OP
Thanks for all the replies Guys!. [Linked Image]
Well, coming from a place like New Zealand,
I'd have to play the Seafood card. [Linked Image]
Oysters(raw)with a dash of vinegar or lemon juice.
Crayfish is quite abundant here, but to eat that more than once a year would be just silly and you'd look like you were some sort of a hob-knob.
Besides, it's just too rich for my liking as well!
But my favourite food of all is good old Fish and Chips and the Watties Tomato Sauce.
We use Shark in our fish and chips here, as well as Elephant Fish or (the best) Deep Sea Blue Cod.

#35515 03/13/04 07:14 AM
Trumpy Offline OP
wolfdog,
Congratulations on your 25th Anniversary!. [Linked Image]
In these days of throw-away marriages, it's cool to see that at least some couples are staying together.
Bren,
Surely the Nuggets arent that hard to make?.
Vikki and I eat crumbed Chicken Breasts quite a bit.
I like to roll them in egg and then Flour and then egg and finally coat them with Breadcrumbs and pan fry them in Olive Oil.
Just as a note, I stay away from any fast food apart from KFC Zinger Tower Burgers, I love them but I would only eat them once a year.
Pizza, McD's or anything else like that just doesn't sit too well with my stomach.
But I love a good Steak though, Home cooked on the BBQ, of course! [Linked Image]

#35516 03/14/04 09:17 AM
Trumpy,
I guess I was a "hob knob" [Linked Image] I used to run some crayfish (aka crawdad) traps in the creek that ran through my property. When I had enough, and after a "purification" process (about a week in the horse water trough), I'd have some friends over for a feast. Good Stuff.
(I've some issues with eating shark. I hope you get the fast swimming varieties in your fish & chips) [Linked Image]...S

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard