ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 260 guests, and 19 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
B
I new to the business. When does an inspector have to inspect your work, and where do you find one at, and what are the qualifications? Thanks.

H
I have a question. If you are "new to the business" you wouldn't be in business unless you had a few years of experience. Why is it you are not familiar with your local inspection procedures?

BBQ:
I see you're from WVA, from your profile.

You have to check the localities that you work in, to see if they require permits and inspections.

Apparently, you are in an area that does not require you to be licensed to be an electrician, otherwise you should know the answer to your question.

What's your experience in the electrical trade??

John

John
B
2 years of residential work after I got out of trade school. I worked on 2 diffrent job sites, and never seen any inspectors other than from the power company.

Tom Offline
Generally speaking, in WV, almost never.

If you're served by Allegheny Power, you'll need a service entrance inspection. Call for this when the service is completely finished.

Some of the larger cities in WV do have inspection. When you stop in to get your city business license and permit (if applicable), that is the time to ask.

If you're out in the unincorporated areas of WV, I can't think of one single place that you would need an inspection, other than for Allegheny Power.

I hope you have a Master Electricians license (as worthless as those are in this state) and your contractors license. If you work where inspections are required, at the least, you'll have to produce a contractors license prior to getting a city business license or a permit. Remember, In WV, it isn't about the qualifications, its about the money & the authorities get real upset when you aren't coughing up enough.

By the way, welcome to this message board. I also wish you the best of luck in your endeavors.

Tom
Shinnston, WV

[This message has been edited by Tom (edited 02-02-2004).]

Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example.
B
Hey Tom, where is Shinnston? Over here in Danese we're served by AEP, but I do some work on the other side of Greenbrier county and they're served by Allegheny.

Tom Offline
Beautiful Shinnston, WV is located on the West Fork River about 30 miles South of Morgantown.

Tom

Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example.
J
I hope that is two " whole " you have worked in the trade. Just be careful out there, it is a cut-throat buisness.

Link Copied to Clipboard