ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by gfretwell - 03/28/24 12:43 AM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (Scott35), 259 guests, and 15 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
M
I found this on another site I frequent.

How many forum members does it takes to change a light bulb?

1 to change the light bulb and to post that the light bulb has been changed
14 to share similar experiences of changing light bulbs and how the light bulb could have been changed differently
7 to caution about the dangers of changing light bulbs
1 to move it to the Lighting section
2 to argue then move it to the Electricals section
7 to point out spelling/grammar errors in posts about changing light bulbs
5 to flame the spell checkers
3 to correct spelling/grammar flames
6 to argue over whether it's "lightbulb" or "light bulb" ... another 6 to condemn those 6 as stupid
2 industry professionals to inform the group that the proper term is "lamp"
15 know-it-alls who claim they were in the industry, and that "light bulb" is perfectly correct
19 to post that this forum is not about light bulbs and to please take this discussion to a lightbulb forum
11 to defend the posting to this forum saying that we all use light bulbs and therefore the posts are relevant to this forum
36 to debate which method of changing light bulbs is superior, where to buy the best light bulbs, what brand of light bulbs work best for this technique and what brands are faulty
7 to post URL's where one can see examples of different light bulbs
4 to post that the URL's were posted incorrectly and then post the corrected URL's
3 to post about links they found from the URL's that are relevant to this group which makes light bulbs relevant to this group
13 to link all posts to date, quote them in their entirety including all headers and signatures, and add "Me too"
5 to post to the group that they will no longer post because they cannot handle the light bulb controversy
4 to say "didn't we go through this already a short time ago?"
13 to say "do a Google search on light bulbs before posting questions about light bulbs"
1 forum lurker to respond to the original post 6 months from now and start it all over again

R
Thats good stuff! Thanks for the laugh [Linked Image]

Ryan Jackson,
Salt Lake City
... OUTRAGEOUS!!!!!That was great,Most Wanted!!...and ain't it the truth??? [Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image]

.."if it ain't fixed,don't break it...call a Licensed Electrician"
E
does anybody make return trips to customers and perform electrical maintenance? You installed those gfci's (receptacles and breakers)....they need to be tested once a month according to manufacturer....what about receptacle tension, after a while those plugs on those lamp cords will start falling out when inserted...too loose! what about wall switches that don't "click" anymore when you turn them on and off....light bulb sockets get loose and need attention, also those 100 watt bulbs screwed into that 60 watt rated socket...the list can go on and on...after I have made my first million, I could buy me one of those infared cameras and really get high tech! Hot spots here I come!

C
How many Forum Member does it take to change a 8FT HO Flourscent Tube? I don't know I saw 2 people in Walmart doing it (one at each end almost droped it to) no this way that way up down right left. [Linked Image] was close but they got it in

Theres always enough room in the junction box.You just need a bigger hammer
P
That sounds about right for some forums! [Linked Image]

T
Feel free to substitute "light bulbs" (or "lightbulb") for "receptacle" -- specifically, "Which way is up?"

[Linked Image from s91748743.onlinehome.us]

E
I really believe the correct trem is "lamp" [Linked Image]
Anyway, thanks for sharing it with us.

"term" should have spell checked [Linked Image]

[This message has been edited by electricman2 (edited 01-29-2004).]

John
:
---- one that claims one should change the wirenuts in the supply line with wagos [Linked Image]

N
Shouldn't the question be how many electricians does it take to relamp a luminaire? [Linked Image]

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard