ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by gfretwell - 03/28/24 12:43 AM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
2 members (Scott35, gfretwell), 269 guests, and 15 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#30728 10/26/03 01:47 PM
R
Roger Offline OP
We go through our daily routines usually thinking it's just a redundant task with no recognition unless somethings wrong.

Here is one case where an inspector has made an electricians day

[Linked Image]

Roger

P
Wow! Have the names and places been blanked out here to protect the modest, Roger? [Linked Image]

What's nice is that an official employee has taken the time to write this letter. I'm guessing this was from City Hall in a small town rather than a big metropolitan area.

R
Roger Offline OP
Hello Paul, I did blank out the names and city for that reason. I figured if I asked them if I could post their names there would be a whle lot of "Oh shucks" going on. [Linked Image]

This is actually from a pretty good size city. (four electrical inspectors)

Roger

C
Roger, I am going through the opposite right now. A little history, this inspector has his own way things should be done, right or wrong. When asked where in the NEC where it states the way he quotes he becomes extremely violent and shouts out a mouth full of curse words then leaves. This is a state job and he is an employee of the construction manager-engineering firm hired by the state. Last week he sent out an email trashing my reputation as well as the company I work for. He sent it to his higher ups as well as the state and to the two general contractors we are working for on this project. I am waiting to see what action his company takes before my attorney takes this matter on. By the way he tried to shut the project down because he claimed we were in violation of spec and code. After his higher ups and the state looked into this we were told we were in compliance and to continue on. It was the following day he sent the email. I have been in this trade for 28 good years and now I am thinking of a new career after seeing what this home improvement inspector has done to me as well as the firm that employs me.

Charlie, Welcome to ECN, mate!. [Linked Image]
I wouldn't personally take this guy too seriously.
It seems that he lacks basic self-control for a start.
And if he has sent email messages like you say he has, the guy has no sense of Ethics either.
If I was his superior, I'd be telling him to look for somewhere else to work!. [Linked Image]

C
Trumpy, I am an electrician who takes my work seriously. This person has hurt my pride and reputation, as well as the company I work for. Defamation of character and slander are serious accusations. Thanks for your reply.

R
You're right, they are serious accusations. You could also add assualt and malicous prosecution to the list, if you are so inclined.

Ryan Jackson,
Salt Lake City
Charlie,
Any Electrician that knows and does their job well, would be quite right to get wound up over something like this.
I haven't been in the Electrical game quite as long as you, but I've been in it long enough to know that there will always be some egg-head that will try and show everybody who's Boss, regardless of what that takes.
Having said that, this sounds more like a personal vendetta, against yourself.
I'd petition the highest Court in the land for this guy!. [Linked Image]
{Roger, Sorry to turn your cool letter post into a whinging session, it's great to some Inspectors still show real good people skills and give credit where this is obviously due!.} [Linked Image]
(Message edited to add last bit)

[This message has been edited by Trumpy (edited 10-26-2003).]

P
Charlie K

Welcome to the forum! When someone is as unprofessional as the person you have described, it is usually a sign of insecurity and immaturity, as well as not understanding his position of authority.
You on the otherhand know what you can do and with your years of experience should not let one man 'take you out'.
Keep the chin up and continue to do a good job, the industry needs MEN like you!!

Pierre

Pierre Belarge
S
nice to read some good news Roger [Linked Image]

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard